With a heavy heart I bid farewell.

FR56

.060 Over
Ride
2014 R3 Roadster "Prudence"
A non-injury accident that recently totaled my faithful Golf TDI:banghead:, as well as some upcoming, costly, and necessary front-end maintenance needed on the Rocket III:eek:; pushed the hand that necessitated selling my 'Prudence'.:(
I'm sorely going to miss the feeling of being King S**t with more power in my right hand than is arguably sane. Triumph totally fulfilled a longtime moto-fantasy of mine in the RIII Roadster, and I enjoyed every mile and moment with her.:)

Ride safe, happy and long; compatriots.

Hopefully the malaise that's affecting you today will clear up soon and the sun will shine again in your life before you know it, FR56.

Are you precluding ever owning a motorcycle again in the future?

If not, stick around. Perhaps somebody on this site will have what you're looking for, if and when you are ready.

In the meanwhile, I wish you nothing but success and good fortune going forward.:thumbsup:

Thank you 'joesmoe' for your continued hospitality, I gratefully will keep in touch with this forum. It has given me much information and entertainment in the last 2.5 years with Prudence.

'Scot in exile' Moving to California's High-Desert 4 years back, its "wide open roads", and near-by mountains helped in my decision to purchase an R-III Roadster in the first place. Cruising UP the Cajon pass(15 Freeway N) on an R3R at 80mph+ and 'grabbing a 'handful' at the steepest point is a certified 'Bucket-list' experience. And I got to do it regularly with my Prudence:p.
Thankfully my sentimentality, as well as my profligate love of motorcycles still leaves me with a 2007 K1200R BMW in the paddock(10yrs old and 63,000 miles offered little appreciable resale value despite STILL being a brilliant bike). After 47 years on motorcycles, I hope I never NOT see a 'wheel' waiting for me in the garage.

What I note about motorcycle sites that seem to about one bike, over the long haul; everyone moves on to other bikes. On the Suzuki Intruder site I am on, only a few of us continue to have Intruders. They don't make them anymore. (Well there's a later version sold in Europe and elsewhere but it ain't the same.) But everyone hangs out and the site becomes a social club of sorts. Except unlike farcebook, we all have one thing in common!

Same with the ST1300 site I was on -- and there too (I don't understand it) there were two competing sites.

In any case, the ST1300 is long in the tooth, and many of the members have moved to FJR and others. The social dynamic was different, and I don't think either of those sites will survive.

Definitely stay around my friend. As others have said, a forum is the members and not necessarily the specific bike.

I gave my son my 07 Classic, along with a VStrom DL1000 several years ago, thinking I'd never own another Rocket at my age. Well, that lasted a few years and now I've got a beautiful Touring.

And thanks for the comment about riding your area. Returning from riding in AZ, I've ridden from Needles to Bakersfield a number of times, and like that long downhill ride into Bakersfield. I've also turned north on 395 and headed up to Death Valley. I've never turned south on 395 into Victorville and Apple Valley though. What is the Cajon Pass? I'll just have to get down your way this spring. Sounds great. So many roads, so little time.

Back