Nat67

Rockgoblin
Ride
Rocket 3 2010 roadster
Hey guys , my 2010 t has been running real sweet . After a lay up of a week I decided to take her out .
Start up and tick over fine but then when cracking the throttle , once warm ,engine seems to delay and then fire on 2 .if you partially shut the throttle then crack it again everything is fine until it returns to idle and then symptoms repeat ! Once rolling , all is good and runs fine til the occasional stop junction when the symptoms would return . Took it for a good 80 mile run to blow the cobwebs but the miss intermittently returned on commencing town work again ! As I said , all has been fine up to today !
Bike has ramair and tors . Was thinking maybe TPS but this was set getting on 1 month ago along with throttle body balance and new plugs . The problem only occurs in first gear or neutral ? Would appreciate your advice ! I don't have tune ecu but I do have pcv.

The first thing the gurus seem to say whenever these intermittant splutterings are posted is check the vacuum hoses under the tank and behind the claw are correctly attached and do not have any splits or cracks. Once that has been established and ruled out you can go on to check other things. I also found recently I had not correctly locked the re-located air temp sensor plug to the RamAir. The wire clip needs to be raised, not lowered to engage.

Bike has ramair and tors . Was thinking maybe TPS but this was set getting on 1 month ago along with throttle body balance and new plugs . The problem only occurs in first gear or neutral ? Would appreciate your advice ! I don't have tune ecu but I do have pcv.
Are you using map/gear on the PCV?. The PCV uses gear 1 settings in N.
AutoTune on the PCV?. Trims committed or not?

Check Gear Position sensor.

As you've been at the plugs - check LOW tension wiring to coils. They disturb with alarming ease.

Thanks guys ,
Bike is running custom map written by the dyno tuner . Trims were set and unified . Bike has run perfect up to this point . Suspecting vacuum pipes so will try to get in there this weekend ! Thanks for your help .
Scott are a canny race but can be oh so bad tempered ! ;)

Twice in my life I've f_cked hard by a bad running motorcycle (I.E. hours of troubleshooting) only to fine I got a bad tank of gas. The fact that the problem started after sitting can also point to water in the fuel. I got watery gas in my old shovel head while at the Harley 90th anniversary in Milwaukee. When first started it would barely run as the water would all settle to the bottom of the tank. Once you suffered through the first 5 minutes the water would mix up enough where it would come in small enough amounts where the engine could deal with it. Practically rebuilt that SOB in a hotel parking lot before discovering the real problem :mad:

Twice in my life I've f_cked hard by a bad running motorcycle (I.E. hours of troubleshooting) only to fine I got a bad tank of gas. The fact that the problem started after sitting can also point to water in the fuel. I got watery gas in my old shovel head while at the Harley 90th anniversary in Milwaukee. When first started it would barely run as the water would all settle to the bottom of the tank. Once you suffered through the first 5 minutes the water would mix up enough where it would come in small enough amounts where the engine could deal with it. Practically rebuilt that SOB in a hotel parking lot before discovering the real problem :mad:
Checked hoses , all good ! Ran remaining fuel ( which didn't take long lol ) then refuelled and problem solved . You tend to expect more from juice costing £1.10 a litre , but this does seem to have bin the problem !
Thanks Rocket Scientist. :thumbsup:

Thanks guys ,
Bike is running custom map written by the dyno tuner . Trims were set and unified . Bike has run perfect up to this point . Suspecting vacuum pipes so will try to get in there this weekend ! Thanks for your help .

My Wife's Scottish and everyone calls her Doberman :whitstling:

RJ

Thanks guys ,

Bad tempered I have never met a Scotsman with a bad temper:confused: Scots only have two levels#1 Pissed off all the time, @2 Lets get the bastards.

Back