Grant cook

.020 Over
Ride
Rocket 3 roasdster
Can anyone show me the wiring diagram for a 2016 roadster? I've looked at the ones in the threads but only found older ones. Having issues with turn signal switch. Has 4 wires going to it. Touring doesn't have a relay and classic has 3 wires.

.... . Having issues with turn signal switch. Has 4 wires going to it. ...

Are you talking about switch or relay with 4 wires?
Anyway, where are you seeing those four wires and what colour are they...........

What do you mean "issue with switch"
Specifically the switch, or are you just saying that the turn signals do not work when you apply the switch?
And does that mean not work at all, on either side, or remain on constantly or ????
Give some more background info please - did they just quit working? Did you do a mod of some kind? (LEDs or ????)

Does your Horn and BrakeLight work?

Are you talking about switch or relay with 4 wires?
Anyway, where are you seeing those four wires and what colour are they...........

What do you mean "issue with switch"
Specifically the switch, or are you just saying that the turn signals do not work when you apply the switch?
And does that mean not work at all, on either side, or remain on constantly or ????
Give some more background info please - did they just quit working? Did you do a mod of some kind? (LEDs or ????)

Does your Horn and BrakeLight work?
Every thing else works. Turn signals stopped working. All of a sudden when playing with the switch they started working again
I trial tested a flasher relay and still the same

It sounds like connection issue either in switch itself or the left bar-switch main connector plug

What is giving you the 4-wire suggestion thing?

Can't say 100% as haven't seen a wiring diagram specific to 2016, but honestly can't see it having changed from 2012 model in that regard.

It sounds like connection issue either in switch itself or the left bar-switch main connector plug

What is giving you the 4-wire suggestion thing?

Can't say 100% as haven't seen a wiring diagram specific to 2016, but honestly can't see it having changed from 2012 model in that regard.
I think there is 2 supplies from the flasher relay and other 2 for left and right. Sounds like a switch. My multimeter is a work and I've been out a few months with a broken ankle

No, just one supply from the relay (which has three wires - power in, Ground and flashing out) into the switch then out to left or right to the lamps
Three wires on each device (but not same three)

Circuit Flow:
Power in -> Turn Signal Relay Out -> Switch Common -> Left OR Right -> Lamp -> Ground

No, just one supply from the relay (which has three wires - power in, Ground and flashing out) into the switch then out to left or right to the lamps
Three wires on each device (but not same three)

Circuit Flow:
Power in -> Turn Signal Relay Out -> Switch Common -> Left OR Right -> Lamp -> Ground
I will check it out tomorrow, I know electrics but with out a meter I don't want to bridge terminals at the switch to test. I will figure it out. Thanks though

The turn signal circuits to the lamps themselves are Green/Red and Green/White (been this way on ALL Hinkley Triumphs from the year dot)
The input to switch (coming from the relay) is Light Green/Brown
Disconnect the left bar switch connector under the tank.
Turn on Ignition
On Main Harness side, Bridge from the Light Green/Brown (pin 2) to either the Green/Red (pin 1) or Green/White (pin 3) (all three wires are going to be next to each other - terminals 1, 2 & 3)

If it works, you either have break in the harness or the switch itself has poor connectivity at the contacts

The turn signal circuits to the lamps themselves are Green/Red and Green/White (been this way on ALL Hinkley Triumphs from the year dot)
The input to switch (coming from the relay) is Light Green/Brown
Disconnect the left bar switch connector under the tank.
Turn on Ignition
On Main Harness side, Bridge from the Light Green/Brown (pin 2) to either the Green/Red (pin 1) or Green/White (pin 3) (all three wires are going to be next to each other - terminals 1, 2 & 3)

If it works, you either have break in the harness or the switch itself has poor connectivity at the contacts
Thank you. What I like about this forum is you don't get know it alls! Or stupid comments. I will test in the morning as I've been drinking wine. Lol

turns.png

36 is the Turn Signal Relay
34 is the Turn Signal Switch
Orange/Green is switched supply from key-switch (horn and brake light would also be affected if this was bad)
Green/White and Green/Red are the Circuits directly to the lamps themselves

As mentioned in previous post, shorting from LtGreen/Brown to either Green/White or Green/Red at the main harness connector will turn on the left or right side signals accordingly

Back