Doc Roc

Supercharged
Ride
Rocket 3. 05
Does anyone have a wiring diagram for a 2007 Roadster as I have a workshop manual for my 05 with a diagram but I have purchased an instrument loom for an 07 which has some wire colours that do not match my diagram [yellow and Grey]

Rocket in your profile pic is NOT a roadster. Roadsters have ABS brakes and BLACK fork tubes, Black Engine and foot pegs that are set back towards the rider, Gauges and ECU also different and NOT interchangeable - pics below show the two bikes.
This reply is just so you know as the wiring and some parts are not interchangeable.

Looks like your bike is a standard - like second pic.

This is a Roadster
IMG_6493small.jpg

This is a Standard
IMG_7864.JPG

.... I have purchased an instrument loom for an 07 which has some wire colours that do not match my diagram [yellow and Grey]

Unfortunately the manual and the main wiring schematic does NOT show the wiring for the instrument sub-harness, only up to the connector on the main harness.
The colours do not all transpose directly the same from the main harness to the sub-harness.*

The Yellow corresponds to the Yellow/White on pin 15 the Main Harness which is the Coolant Temp signal from the ECU
(It might even be Yellow/White on the speedo harness - it's very difficult to discern if is a white stripe on there, but I think it probably is)
The Grey corresponds to black on pin 6 which is for the Alarm Indicator Lamp (the other signal for which is the Orange one on pin 5)

*One of these days I will make an interconnect diagram for the Speedo Sub-Harness (I might have said this before :D )
The colours that do NOT transpose directly are
Pin 2 - Ignition Power - Green/Red on Main harness, Brown on Sub-Harness
Pin 5 - Alarm - Black on Main, Orange on Sub
Pin 6 - Alarm - Black on Main. Grey on Sub
Pin 3 - Illumination - Red/Blue on Main - NONE on sub (strange one!!!)

Otherwise

R3_Instruments.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks IDK could you please tell me which numbers are the speedo and tacho in the Roadster diagrams?
Sorry, can't help there.

2005 and 2007 models will both be "Standard" models, or "Classic" models. The Roadster wasn't out at that time.

Sorry, can't help there.

2005 and 2007 models will both be "Standard" models, or "Classic" models. The Roadster wasn't out at that time.
My mistake, I bought a second hand instrument loom on ebay that was supposedly off a 2007 roadster but have been informed the roadster did not come out until 2010. And as you have roadster diagrams in your signature I thought you may be able to tell me.

Back