Wire trace from starter

bebsy

Finicky
Ride
2006 Triumph R3
Hi anybody know were the wire traces back to..from the block connector on top of the starter motor, had the click going on turns out the connection was mucked up..i checked the recon parts inside i got from the uk last year there still brand new:)

click? battery to low?
if the bat drops below 10 volts (while cranking) it just clicks

The control signal wire for the Solenoid comes from the Starter/Headlight-Cut relay which is the 5-pin one behind the right side cover (the other on that side is the 3-pin flasher relay)

Check the headlights - do they go out when you press the start switch?
The starter/headlight-cut relay sends power to the headlights via the normally-closed terminal when it is NOT energized;
when it IS energized, it BREAKS power from the Headlights and sends it to the Starter Solenoid.

Common issue that interlocks the starter relay is the clutch switch is not closing.

Thanks for the feed back chaps...battery is ok ive put a new starter relay in but still had intermitted starts found that when i wiggled that little block connector on top of the starter motor it would be ok for a SHORT!!! while excuse the pun, anyhow its a small connector and difficult to clean left it overnight to soak in vinegar will put all back today and let you know how it goes cheers.

The control signal wire for the Solenoid comes from the Starter/Headlight-Cut relay which is the 5-pin one behind the right side cover (the other on that side is the 3-pin flasher relay)

Check the headlights - do they go out when you press the start switch?
The starter/headlight-cut relay sends power to the headlights via the normally-closed terminal when it is NOT energized;
when it IS energized, it BREAKS power from the Headlights and sends it to the Starter Solenoid.

Common issue that interlocks the starter relay is the clutch switch is not closing.
Hi is there any way i can check the clutch switch either that or the cable is faulty..this has been going on for a while on occasion but when i wiggle the 2 wires gently it recovers till next time

Back