Wire harness ?????

Bubba

Camo Rocket
Ride
2007 classic dipped in Gods country camo,with a Calif. sidecar soon to be dipped as well
OK guys Im Putting a trailer hitch on da rocket 3 classic ,But im looking for a wire harness for trailer plug, or do I just have to tap into wires ??? OK if so were is the best place to do that ????? Thanks loads ... Bubba !!!!:D

Bubba, just curious, is your Rocket out of warranty already? The general consensus is that once you put that hitch on certain items (maybe not all) may not be covered and if you end up needing that "upgrade" done (if you have the symptons for it) your claim may be rejected. Just don't want you to go down a "one way street" with no hope of getting back out.

Dennis

14 dtg Dubai
15 dtg Home

OK guys Im Putting a trailer hitch on da rocket 3 classic ,But im looking for a wire harness for trailer plug, or do I just have to tap into wires ??? OK if so were is the best place to do that ????? Thanks loads ... Bubba !!!!:D

I tapped in under the right side cover and then ran the wiring down to the bottom of the fender by wrapping it around the tail light harness under the fender. I tapped in there because it is a cleaner location. No mud, rain and other general road crap to corrode the connections.

As for the hitch . . what goes on, will come off. If you take it to the dealer, take the four bolts (usually) off and remove the hitch. Mine takes about 10 minutes work to remove it.

Thanks guys ,I guess ill have to do more checking on warranty,!!! as I just bought it used ,, 2007 with just over 3,000 miles , So am i still covered ??????:confused:

Depends on when the original owner bought the bike in 2007.

Dennis

13 dtg Dubai
14 dtg Home

I'll probably get slapped for this but, concensus of opinion at the delaer where I have my shingle hung is, a darkside tire is noted on the RO if any work is done on the bike and if a trailer hitch is attached it's noted as well.

I've said this before. Under the Magneuson Act, no manufacturer can deny a warranty claim if you use parts not approved or endorsed by the OEM so long as you don't use parts dertimental to the operation of the vehicle, like using K-Mart cheap oil where a JASO-MA oil is specified. There is some common sense involved.

However, it seems apparent that the problems some of us are having are problems that surface after the warranty period has lapsed and at that time, it's the sole discretion of Triumph as to whether you eat the bill or they do. In that respect, I, for one, am glad I never modified the bike (trailer hitch or car tire), which could give Triumph the impetus to deny an after warranty repair. I, for one, would not relish paying for an engine rebuild and the **** bike is too bulky to use as a baot anchor.

Hello

I'll probably get slapped for this but, concensus of opinion at the delaer where I have my shingle hung is, a darkside tire is noted on the RO if any work is done on the bike and if a trailer hitch is attached it's noted as well.

I've said this before. Under the Magneuson Act, no manufacturer can deny a warranty claim if you use parts not approved or endorsed by the OEM so long as you don't use parts dertimental to the operation of the vehicle, like using K-Mart cheap oil where a JASO-MA oil is specified. There is some common sense involved.

However, it seems apparent that the problems some of us are having are problems that surface after the warranty period has lapsed and at that time, it's the sole discretion of Triumph as to whether you eat the bill or they do. In that respect, I, for one, am glad I never modified the bike (trailer hitch or car tire), which could give Triumph the impetus to deny an after warranty repair. I, for one, would not relish paying for an engine rebuild and the **** bike is too bulky to use as a baot anchor.

Hello there I was just wondering if there is a plug and play harnes for a trailer and if not do I need a spliter box of some sort when I hake into the wires

Hello there I was just wondering if there is a plug and play harnes for a trailer and if not do I need a spliter box of some sort when I hake into the wires

No. I used the crimp on wire tie (available at Wally-land) and then sealed it. It depends on how fancy or permanent you desire the modification.

if u can find a plug off a wrecked r3 or a 955 triumph has the same plug for the brake and running lights then u can make your own harness without splicing into the wires that is what i did when i hooked the lights on stb trunk

Back