Winter is coming..

Lots of good quality polish while the weather was good and regular washing to get the salt off through the winter (I ride all year, it's my main transport).

I used to ride in the winter when i was younger and had no choice..Now i have a car too the bikes usually stay in the garage the salt has been used on the roads..

Hats of to you for riding all year round mate..I think if i had no choice i would purchase a winter hack.

I've done it for as long as I've been riding and I still love it even in the bad weather. I have a cr@p commute on a congested trunk road, which is why I ended up selling my car a few years ago. I rarely have to give in, the past few winters haven't had dangerously icy days here and I can walk to the train station if I really must lol. If I need a car on the weekend etc. I use my wife's.

Where I live it is not possible to ride in the winter. We have salt, brine and black ice along with snow and other winter things. You guys don't get "Real" winter!

Lots of AFC 50 Ant. I try to ride all year round but not when it's icy (got too many scews an too much metal in my leg an dont't fancy bendin any of it:eek:). We have more rain than snow, not like Toronto.

Lots of AFC 50 Ant. I try to ride all year round but not when it's icy (got too many scews an too much metal in my leg an dont't fancy bendin any of it:eek:). We have more rain than snow, not like Toronto.

Yeah I agree, I use WD40 and have found that good too.

Are winters here in Oklahoma are not that bad. We have the option of riding all year if you can take the cold. The older I get the harder it seems to be. Bought a real fancy head piece for keeping the cold out because last year **** near froze my chin off. Plus my middle finger on my right hand got whacked and the blood will not flow right . It gets to the point of downright hurting. Even so after a few days of not riding we just bundle up and go for it. Yes it hurts like hell but looking at what some of you all have to deal with I feel lucky to leave somewhere where you can ride all winter. I could not even think about living in a area that limits you to riding to the point of having to park it for three or four months. Like today it is going to get around 60 degrees going to get drunk and wash the bike for the toy run in the morning. when we leave out in the morning it will be in the lower thirties or high twenties which really is not that bad.

Back