Windshield question

Mavreg

.020 Over
Ride
Honda CBF1000
Hi, have now on my R3R a stock windshield installed in the upmost position. I want a taller one in order to travel. It looks like I need around 10 cm of height, such that the top of the screen is at the eyes level. Also, the new screen needs to be able to be adjusted upwards and downwards from that (stock+10 cm) height within a few centimeters. I am looking at Clearview 23", but not quite sure... Any ideas?

Yeah, I fitted a Memphis Shades top lip and side wings to an OEM Triumph Roadster screen, works great and a hell of a lot cheaper than Clearview. They wanted over US$500 JUST to ship a full size screen to Australia, the screen itself was about half that price - US$750 was ridiculous. Memphis Shades were available on Cruiser Customizing Discount Motorcycle Helmets, Motorcycle Jackets, Motorcycle Gear, Tires at Competition Accessories for a reasonable freight cost as they regularly have coupon on site for discounted International shipping.

It is all covered in these threads in link below or search 'Memphis' posted by my user name 'Ishrub'

Search Results for Query: Memphis | R3Owners

Last edited:
Some swear by these Secdem screens from France as well.

Looks good too!

Secdem Screen For Triumph Rocket III

upload_2017-3-5_9-22-44.png

Secdem Screen For Triumph Rocket III

High Protection Windshield for Rocket 3, available in Clear or Tinted.
Whether you need protection from rain , bugs, or both, this screen is stylish designed to match the Rocket 3.
Thickness : 4 mm
Height : 51cm

I love my 23 inch Clearview with the extra width, recurve and adjustable vent, worth every cent ... mind you I shared shipping with another Aussie Captain, was same shipping for one or two so we put two heads together and saved a motza
PS regardless of how tall your screen is put lowers on to reduce or in my case Stop the buffeting ... no wind noise at all

Those of you who used Clearview... If my stock screen is adjustable within a few cm (upwards-downwards), can a Clearview screen also be adjusted. If it is too tall, can I put it a few cm down on the stock brackets? It is up to the brackets, not the windshield, right?

FYI, 7jurock seems to have reduced prices for the moment. Not sure if it's just an "amazon" price reduction, but their screens are starting at $100 for an r3t... $140 for a 21" height.

$40 shipping, which still makes it far cheaper than clearview without shipping. No vent and recurve option though :(

What are the dimensions of the stock windshield? Height? Just need to understand how much taller the new windshield needs to be.

Back