Windshield / Fairing question

TxRIIIRider

Living Legend
At the risk of sounding old, well I'm getting older.. and my neck really hurts from riding without a windshield most all of my riding years and now it's just becoming a pain to ride.

I have had a Triumph Roadster screen that I used a few times, but it had an updraft that I did not like.. even when I added the Triumph lowers, the updraft was still there and I was never fond of that set up, so I sold it. I liker to wear a 3/4 open face helmet when riding behind a wind screen or fairing.. and with the Roadster screen, the updraft would catch my helmets visor and just be annoying. I know Clearview makes a taller screen that I never tried..

I also want to know from you Corbin fairing owners how it is to ride behind that fairing. If I have a fairing or windshield, I want to be able to ride with an open face helmet and not have an updraft grabbing the visor or blowing wind straight up my nose.

I hate to say it.. but I am actually contemplating looking at touring bikes, even dare I say it.. Gold Wings.. I owned a Road Glide for a few months before I went back to Triumph, but the Road Glide was a pretty nice bike. But I am first looking at what it would take to make my Rocket do what I want..

Maybe I can get a test ride on a R3T too and check that out... Hmmmmmmm...

Come on up and borrow my 25" clearview.... you can read the paper behind it. Seriously, you can try it out if you like.

Dave,

I agree with Mark on Clearview. I really only bolt mine on for long trips, which have been few and far between since going back to work full time. When that thing is on, it is like looking out of a picture window. Give it a try. Man, I just can't picture you on a Wing. Hell you might well buy a BMW too, which reminds of a joke I heard the other day. What is the difference between a BMW car owner and a porcupine? The porcupine has its pricks on the outside.

At the risk of sounding old, well I'm getting older.. and my neck really hurts from riding without a windshield most all of my riding years and now it's just becoming a pain to ride.

I have had a Triumph Roadster screen that I used a few times, but it had an updraft that I did not like.. even when I added the Triumph lowers, the updraft was still there and I was never fond of that set up, so I sold it. I liker to wear a 3/4 open face helmet when riding behind a wind screen or fairing.. and with the Roadster screen, the updraft would catch my helmets visor and just be annoying. I know Clearview makes a taller screen that I never tried..

I also want to know from you Corbin fairing owners how it is to ride behind that fairing. If I have a fairing or windshield, I want to be able to ride with an open face helmet and not have an updraft grabbing the visor or blowing wind straight up my nose.

I hate to say it.. but I am actually contemplating looking at touring bikes, even dare I say it.. Gold Wings.. I owned a Road Glide for a few months before I went back to Triumph, but the Road Glide was a pretty nice bike. But I am first looking at what it would take to make my Rocket do what I want..

Maybe I can get a test ride on a R3T too and check that out... Hmmmmmmm...

You are just finding this out after 50000 plus miles:D I am the same never owned a windscreen before but after the straight thru ride back from Eureka Springs I bought one for long journeys, once I arrive I remove it because i still think screens are for *****s(so that makes me half a *****):D

Big bad Rocket Captains... You guys sound more and more like my Grandmother every day.

"Is there anything I can do to my seat? My hemorrhoids start flaring up after 50 miles."

"Has anyone else found a way to make the tach display brighter? I can't see mine very well."

"What do you guys use for a windshield? The wind is hurting my forehead."

Boo freaking hoo... Suck it up, cupcakes! :p

lol.. Well, lets not forget the 48,000 miles on my Thunderbird Sport before the Rocket.. and, let's see.. the little Honda CX 500 that I put however many miles on.. and on and on.. :) Although I did ride a Road King to Sturgis the first time I went.. that wind screen also had a serious updraft which SUCKED in the rain!.. lol

Mark.. I sure would be interested in trying out your Clearview.. plus we really do need to meet up and do some visiting sometime soon...

Oh.. and Daryl.. I have been calling myself a wuss (sp?) since the start of Winter this year. I have always ridden to work, and dressed for what ever weather to ride, but I have been such a wuss this year.. lol Basically, if it wasn't close to 50 degrees, I was in the car.. dang it.. I need to toughen up!.. lol

Last edited:
Back