Navigator

Living Legend
Ride
2009 Rocket Touring
I just got a pop up and from Revzilla for this Puig Windscreen Visor. It comes in various lengths. I've seen something like this on bikes over the years and wondered if they are worthwhile.

I have two screens for my Touring that came with the bike, one that I believe is the standard and another 24 inch (measured from the bottom center). The tall is much too tall and the standard too short.

Has anyone bought one of these?

https://shop.revzilla.com/motorcycl...rce=criteo&utm_term=Puig+Windscreen+Visor+Kit

Ive made my own and it is very much worth it IMO. I got the idea from the madstad windshield I had on my previous bike, a Road Glide ultra.

Just do not get the laminar lip thing. It works, up to a point, but scratches up fast and then right close to your line of sight generates a mass of scatter from oncoming headlights.

The price is somewhat modest and I won't be looking through it. That's the problem with my tall screen. I'll remount the stock and do some measurements. If I order it I'll report back.

The other option is to go all out and get the Clearview.

The price is somewhat modest and I won't be looking through it. That's the problem with my tall screen. I'll remount the stock and do some measurements. If I order it I'll report back.

Mike,
Before you go Clearview (I've had 2) check out 7Jurock windshields. Better cost & better product IMHO.

IIRC the Clearview scratches up too
All screens do to some extent - but one or two mfrs (including the folk who make the Triumph screens) use anti-scratch coatings.
As long as the lip is not in line of sight then it matters not (except aestetically).

I quite deliberately put a black edge on my screen - somehow helps the brain to ignore what is "screened".

Just FYI -
I mark a spot in the road 30 feet ahead of my front tire (leading edge).
Sitting upright on my motor, I set the screen top in line with my direct sight to that spot.

Back