grnerd

Standard Bore
Ride
2010 Triumph Rocket 3 Touring
I just picked up a 2010 R3T this weekend. I was wondering if you all leave the windscreen on all of the time or store it until you take a trip. I took it off to ride to work today (bad idea, it's a bit chilly here in Michigan), and I don't like the idea of it just laying around in the garage. Has anyone fabricated a bag or rack for the times that they are storing their shield?

I have a tall and a short one. I leave one on depending on the weather and the other is leaning against the wall. Pretty low tech, I know. :)

bob

eta: I do have the factory box for the tall screen so it does go in the box during the main riding season, only comes out for early spring and late fall.

Last edited:
A lot of us with older models leave them on permanently ,unless you want to go through the aggravating process of taking them off. I've used this product "Plexus" for years and it keeps my windshield looking like new. It used to be cheap but it has really gone up in price these days. You can buy it on E-Bay in bulk or by the can cheaper. It's hard to find other wise.
Plexus-windshield-cleaner.jpg

Last edited:
Memphis Shades makes a storage bag that would probably work if you want. Here is the link. Important information about shipping and prices contained on Purchases page. Please read. - Fast eddy Sports

I have a friend that works in a shop that makes every kind of plastic, plexy, poly thing you can think of. I asked him what I should use to clean my windscreen. His recommendation was Pledge multi surface cleaner.
NO LEMON.
This stuff works great on the windscreen, mirrors, chrome, and paint. I take it on the road with me for touch up everyplace I go. It is also very cost effective. (cheap) He also informed me that poly products have oils in them and this product will help replenish that also. He recommended against using the polishing products that remove scratches as they will remove the protective outer layer causing the screen to dry out quicker.
That is my two cents worth. Oh ya pack a couple of micro fiber cloths.
I do have to hide it from the wife.
2af545dc-7170-4bc8-b667-55a3c9d475c2_1.bbfed57f03d1b873c2afe046bbef2a00.jpeg

I leave mine on the bike at all times except for cleaning behind it (I have eaten enough bugs in my life) never leave home without it! ,plus leave it laying around the shed and its bound to get damaged

Back