Windows 10 update, and no more tune ecu. any Ideas?

chevmech1969

.040 Over
Ride
06 Triple K&N's, TORS 141/145 Rw ALL BEEF NO PORK
Ok, I've used tune ecu great on my laptop with windows 7 I got a new laptop with 8.1 got it connected and communicating, but never did any tuning. Well I pushed the Windows 10 upgrade on it and now I cant even get it to connect. Yes I have unistalled and reinstalled the Tune ecu software, and the drivers for the cable. Ive tried the 2.12.10 drivers the 2.12.08 drivers .06, I even tried backing it up to the windows 8 drivers. 2.08.28. And I have tried both automatic install from the internet, and without the Internet connected. If anyone else has any more Ideas Id be up to try them. im sure im overlooking something. and the wife I found out got rid of the old trusty windows 7 laptop. so I cant even make that my tune ecu only one.
Thanks guys.

There's reason #123 why I'm staying with windows 7 on my PC. No gain, more pain!;)

I wasn't to happy to go to where I put my old laptop and find it gone, for just that reason. other than that Windows 10 is better than 8 or 8.1 but Id rather have 7 back.

Well, there's some positive news, anyway!:thumbsup::laugh:

This might help you feel a bit better...

sucp_0007_01_z%2B1969_chevy_malibu%2Bfront_view.jpg

1969-chevrolet-chevelle.jpg

Conv396drfrnt.jpg

Last edited:
This is the exact kind of reasons I never upgrade my stuff beyond what it was designed to run on.... I will buy a new computer with windows 10 on it but any other machine in the house stays on Windows 7. If I do buy a windows 10 machine I would most likely downgrade it back to 7. I used to work in IT for almost 10 years, if it aint broke, dont fix it. I hate computers now.

I bought the ap and use my phone. I find its pretty easy to use and I dont have the laptop issue. I did try laptops but gave up after a while, as I could not even get my windows 7 version to work. I now keep the cable on the bike in case I ever need to do diagnostics on the road. Hope you find a way to get it sorted.

Back