Windows 10 Installation issues with tuneecu

Cav Man

.060 Over
Ride
2017 Triumph Rocket III Roadster
So I have a Microsoft Surface Book with Windows 10 Pro on it and recently tried to install tuneecu 2.5.8. Unzipped the files without difficulty but the can't install because the machine is asking for .NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0). Said software is nowhere to be found on the Windows update site for Windows 10 although they have it for Windows 7. The installation process crashes when I can't find load the required .NET Framework 3.5 and it won't allow me to bypass.

Any ideas as to what particular ghost is in the machine?

Thanks Barbagris, gave this a try a few times but...the upgrade process crashes with error code 0x800F081F every time "Windows couldn't find required files to complete requested changes. Make sure you're connected to Internet, and try again. I'm using the same internet connection to add this update and the bandwidth is very high so, needless to say, its not the connection. May have my IT guru at work try to sort it.

I downloaded the software onto my desktop (also a Windows 10 machine) without a hitch, so its something specific to the laptop.

Cheers!

Rest of the story...I was using my company laptop and they don't routinely provide the Net Framework 3.5 software even though it is a standard feature in the software. They also limit access to Windows update for reasons that are unclear at best. Now that we have that sorted, I should be up and running in no time :)

I use an old netbook with basic windows 7 and tune ecu installed...you can usually pick them up real cheap as no one wants them anymore... or if your real tech minded I also have duel boot on my other laptop so I can boot up into windows 7 or windows 10.... You may not have the correct permissions to install stuff onto a company laptop im afraid...is there no one near you with tune ecu?

Back