Will my R3T leave a HD V-Rod Muscle in the dust?

MIG

Road Therapy...
Ride
"Fiona" my '14 R3T & "Delilah" my '16 V-Rod Muscle
Having a V-Rod Muscle, I follow a V-Rod forum and I find it humorous they think it's the fastest cruiser out there... I'll admit she red-lines at 9K (Porsche engineered water cooled engine) and can easily hit 90mph in 3rd gear; however, even weighing 200+lbs less I still don't think that's enough to out run my R3T. I don't clean out the cobwebs in or near town, but I wouldn't mind seeing them go head to head in a quarter mile on the track or a one mile scenario. I've seen an R3R hit 116mph on the quarter-mile drag strip here at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.

Has anyone left a V-Rod in the dust? :)

-MIG

Having a V-Rod Muscle, I follow a V-Rod forum and I find it humorous they think it's the fastest cruiser out there... I'll admit she red-lines at 9K (Porsche engineered water cooled engine) and can easily hit 90mph in 3rd gear; however, even weighing 200+lbs less I still don't think that's enough to out run my R3T. I don't clean out the cobwebs in or near town, but I wouldn't mind seeing them go head to head in a quarter mile on the track or a one mile scenario. I've seen an R3R hit 116mph on the quarter-mile drag strip here at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.

-MIG
YOUR stock R3t is restricted and tuned for low end power and cruising and the Vrod should beat your bike unless you RETUNE and release the beast with a 3 to 1 exhaust and airintake then youll have 165 + hp that will give you the ability to whip the SHULTS outa that V ROD

-MIG

I sure have, a few times. All mine were while rolling out on the highway, generally take-offs from 50 - 60 mph.
I find it difficult to find folks willing to GO from a stop.

I sure have. Although generally out on the highway from about 50 - 60 mph.
I ride a R3R, so I'm not sure about a R3T.

Just found a 2014 - 2015 MCN Performance stat sheet.
FWIW -
VRSCF V-Rod Muscle: RWHP-105.0 - RWTQ-73.1 - wgt-677.5 - top speed-137.6 - qtr mi-11.73 - 60 to 0 brake-113.79
Rocket III Roadster: RWHP-119.36 - RWTQ-135.71 - wgt-807 - top speed-120.8 - qtr mi-11.57 - 60 to 0 brake-112.33
Me thinks a R3R with intake, exhaust & tune would have no problema smokin' the V-Rod Muscle!

Any rocket with even a set of tors/ air filters and a decent tune will crap on a stock V Rod. Rider skill equal that is. A Rod has no torque under 5000 and is harder to launch. Top gear roll-ons, the R3 will spank the Rod. The top speed mentioned above was with the speed limiter in place for the R3.

Any rocket with even a set of tors/ air filters and a decent tune will crap on a stock V Rod. Rider skill equal that is. A Rod has no torque under 5000 and is harder to launch. Top gear roll-ons, the R3 will spank the Rod. The top speed mentioned above was with the speed limiter in place for the R3.
I was going to comment on that but you beat me to it. With stock pipes and air plus new tune the bike will do a easy 130 MPH.

Back