Btubbs2

Serving others is what matters most.
Ride
Triumph rocket III touring
hello, ive been on the r3owners forum for about 1-2 months. really enjoy the back and forth info and the general willingness to help each other. i live in granbury, tx and pastor a church here. ive owned a 74 sportster shovlehead, 2005 dyna-wide glide, 2003 triumph speedmaster (totally custom, lowered) and now a 2013 r3t that i just lowered a little (going after more with shock and tire adjustment) and took out the d and d baffles and now it sounds like a 2300 cc engine should!

ive looked all around for this answer, but haven't seen a straight on. how wide and low of a tire can i put on the rear of my bike? it looks like theres quite a bit of room on the sides and top to expand and lower, but i need the experience of someone who's been there. not sure how wide you can get past the brake when putting it back on. also has anyone used a progressive 412 11" shock?

thanks to everyone in advance and apologies for not properly introducing myself.

Forgive me father...

welcome could not help myself...

200 series tire but if you drop the side profile then your rpms will rises a bit...

Hello Btubbs and welcome from VA. Good question and I hope to hear what our experts have to say about that.

Well, people are at least putting 200's on her. Was just a thread about that over in the R3 Touring forum. I believe the Avon Cobra 200/60 was mentioned (stock is 180/70). Same recommended rim (5.50).

Last edited:
hello, ive been on the r3owners forum for about 1-2 months. really enjoy the back and forth info and the general willingness to help each other. i live in granbury, tx and pastor a church here. ive owned a 74 sportster shovlehead, 2005 dyna-wide glide, 2003 triumph speedmaster (totally custom, lowered) and now a 2013 r3t that i just lowered a little (going after more with shock and tire adjustment) and took out the d and d baffles and now it sounds like a 2300 cc engine should!

ive looked all around for this answer, but haven't seen a straight on. how wide and low of a tire can i put on the rear of my bike? it looks like theres quite a bit of room on the sides and top to expand and lower, but i need the experience of someone who's been there. not sure how wide you can get past the brake when putting it back on. also has anyone used a progressive 412 11" shock?

thanks to everyone in advance and apologies for not properly introducing myself.
As you can see my 2009RT now has a 200/60/16 and no problems with clearance. I feel more stability more tread on the road. Was recently on toll road and she loved 85mph and eased off throttle at 110mph on one straight away. Unless of course your a police officer then never went faster than 5 over speed limit. Just covering my backside. LOL And welcome to the site and BEST ride on the road.

haha and thanks for tall the comments. still looking for advice on the progressive 11" shocks, but im pretty sure im going move that direction. drmd421 helped me with brackets and the baffles and he had a 200/60-16 on his and it seemed to fill up the fender. i just wish there was a lower profile in the 200.

I have a near new set of Progressive 11.5" shocks still in the original box.
If interested, let me know.

Back