why the lack of tires at dealers

2012cliff

Supercharged
Ride
2008 tour
2000 miles into my vacation and notice threads at the center of rear tire. Only 8000 miles on this tire. This is on a sunday morning. so we load up the bike and ride[very carefully] 75 miles to the closet dealer. Monday morning 8 o'clock I'm at the dealer. No tire, but they can get 1 the next day. [at an additional charge.] when your on the road far from home, this is not cool

This is the only time I'd even consider it, but maybe a car tyre would tide you over until you could get a proper one fitted.

2000 miles into my vacation and notice threads at the center of rear tire. Only 8000 miles on this tire. This is on a sunday morning. so we load up the bike and ride[very carefully] 75 miles to the closet dealer. Monday morning 8 o'clock I'm at the dealer. No tire, but they can get 1 the next day. [at an additional charge.] when your on the road far from home, this is not cool

One day ain't to long, .where I had my situation not that long ago they wanted me to wait for four days . I ended up going home and flying back the 600km,s a week later:sick:

I would buy the tire at your local bike shop, there are a few around that carry our sizes, sometimes a lot cheaper than the dealer:)

This is why i own three bikes,i wouldn't dare take the Rocket on a long haul without first making sure everything is up to par.I have enough trouble getting local service let alone a hit or miss dealer in east bum F. This is definately a bike that needs to be maintained in order to avoid situations like this. Sad but true there just isn't enough Triumph dealers out there to meet the needs of the Rocket.

8000 miles is good from a R3 tyre, I barley got 4000 miles (6000kms ) from my last rear tyre. I guess you my not have checked that tyre prior to doing your trip:eek:
Glad it didn't disintegrate prior to you finding it.
I'm always checking my rear cos I keeps on leaving lines everywhere..:rolleyes:

Back