why i'm not riding right now

hegels

Supercharged
some of you know that my bike is all taken apart right now. well its for a good reason. My friends grandfather was a lower ball turret gunner in WW2 on 4 separate b-17's. 2 were shot down (once behind enemy lines), one was so heavily damaged it was retired upon returning to base, and the last of their 35 missions were completed in the b17. HURRI-KANE. I've always thought of the rocket 3 as kind of a road going b17. I mean it's big, loud, pretty much owns the road, and there sure isn't anything else like them. my friends grandfather ( Sgt Edwin J. Hoffart ) is getting up there in age and I felt like I'd better have this bike painted in his honor before he passed.

the bike is being painted to tribute Sgt Edwin J. Hoffart and the men and women who served on those big birds. so many of them never returned and I consider myself really lucky to know him.

I will post additional photo's once its done. this is just the base coat and many more layers of paint are to be added in the next couple of week. I'm excited.

Awesome idea... can't wait to see the finished product. Saw a HD on line with a similar theme the other day and they did a great job of making it look authentic, including adding panels with real aero rivets...

I had a quick Google and found this link with a couple of photos...

418th BS - Page 07

Well that link didn't work??

look here: http://www.100thbg.com/mainmenus/418th/images07/4_08_1.jpg

Keep the photos coming, great project, Binnsy

Back