Why have 3 x ETV3 Tables?

RazMan

Rocket Addict
Ride
2022 R3 GT, 2011 America
I get that my R3GT has 3 modes (rain, road & sport) but I am confused about the 3 x ETV 3 menu options. I only want to unrestrict Sport (ETV3) mode but it looks like I have these other options too. Am I doing something wrong?
Can anyone throw some light?

Attachments

• TuneECU menu.png
    TuneECU menu.png
    50.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
I get that my R3GT has 3 modes (rain, road & sport) but I am confused about the 3 x ETV 3 menu options. I only want to unrestrict Sport (ETV3) mode but it looks like I have these other options too. Am I doing something wrong?
Can anyone throw some light?
That shows the gears that the ETV table will be applied to.

Ahhhh so I have to highlight 1, 2 & 3 to apply the ETV table to the first 3 gears ...... but what about 4, 5 & 6th gears?
I have a feeling I have got the wrong idea and sorry if it is a daft question :whitstling:
I'm new to this and have the same question, what about the other gears?

@Penner hope you can help answer

- are the throttle values mapped to specific fuelling/ignition maps? or are they rpm tied?
- if you update throttle values, do you need to make other changes elsewhere?
- what other changes would you recommend, my bike is stock, other than updating throttle maps and un-restricting the ecu I have nothing else planned.
- in South Africa waiting for OBDLINK LX. Can I run this on windows platform or do i need Android?
- Model BF 7851

Much appreciate your valued knowledge and feedback, regards Jacques

You will NOT be able to tune your late model Rocket with a windows computer. You also must use an Android device linked via Bluetooth as a cable connection will not work. I too had the concerns that you mention about fueling and ignition tables. I was assured by Ulf Penner that the factory's fueling and ignition would follow the actual position of the throttle plates as opposed to the twist grip position. My concerns came from the fact that because up until very recently there was no maps written for the later model Rockets I was forced to write my own TBW map without altering fueling or ignition. Most of the power increase your bike will see will be coming from the throttle plates being able to fully open, and not from the fueling and ignition changes. I have found that the changes Penner has made to fueling and ignition more serve to make bike run smoother with easier throttle transitions. I would suggest that you just flash the Penner map as it's been written and enjoy your bike. It will feel like a different bike and the way it should have come from the factory.

The gears are grouped together in pairs. ETV 3(1) covers the first 2 gears. You’ll want it to apply to all ETV 3 tables. I did the Penner map and want to keep the ETV 1&2 tables stock and only modify sport mode. I don’t know if I should change any other tables.

The gears are grouped together in pairs. ETV 3(1) covers the first 2 gears. You’ll want it to apply to all ETV 3 tables. I did the Penner map and want to keep the ETV 1&2 tables stock and only modify sport mode. I don’t know if I should change any other tables.
My intention is to remap all gears but for only one rider mode, still waiting for obdlink stock in SA. That said I was not aware that those tables where for gears, thought they where the throttle tables for the 3 rider mode that are changeable?! It seems I need to do more research. best wishes all

Last edited:
Back