Who wants to be first.

ski

Hog Smogger
Ride
'14 Rocket III Touring
I REALLY like the Truck-Lite Phase 7 LEDs
http://bogiesreviews.webs.com/Review - Phase 7 LED Headlights & Passing Lamps.pdf
for the Touring and the driving lights. BUT the 3 pack sets ya back close to $400. I am reading about the heat output being the Achilles heel of LEDS and what would that be like in the light bucket. No one has answered the question of plug and play either. Would like to brighten up the night but for the $, (which really isn't too bad considering it's your night life we're talking about,) I just can't be a guinea pig. C'mon now, who wants to be first?

My mate Donny just replaced one headlight unit with a sealed beam 150 watt spotlight .. Trust me when he's behind you at night you know he's there. He lives rural and rides a fair bit at night. Cost him $100 from memory.

My mate Donny just replaced one headlight unit with a sealed beam 150 watt spotlight .. Trust me when he's behind you at night you know he's there. He lives rural and rides a fair bit at night. Cost him $100 from memory.
I think here in the states, the ticket would be more than $100.

Ticket as in fine you mean ? Never considered the legality of it , rarely do come to think of it. More interested in the practicality and saving a buck or two where possible .. just a suggestion.

I REALLY like the Truck-Lite Phase 7 LEDs
http://bogiesreviews.webs.com/Review - Phase 7 LED Headlights & Passing Lamps.pdf
for the Touring and the driving lights. BUT the 3 pack sets ya back close to $400. I am reading about the heat output being the Achilles heel of LEDS and what would that be like in the light bucket. No one has answered the question of plug and play either. Would like to brighten up the night but for the $, (which really isn't too bad considering it's your night life we're talking about,) I just can't be a guinea pig. C'mon now, who wants to be first?

I WILL BE DOING THIS ON THE 2014 TOURING IN A FEW WEEKS WHEN i GET BACK HOME ALL READY HAVE THEM ORDERED I"LL BE DOING THE FOG LIGHTS AS WELL I'll post up when done **** caps button

Ticket as in fine you mean ? Never considered the legality of it , rarely do come to think of it. More interested in the practicality and saving a buck or two where possible .. just a suggestion.
Since when are you saving bambi's??? Buck or two... More like saving your own arse...

Try to only put the practically on my scoots also. Comfy seat, risers, highway pegs, creature comforts if you may. A nice bright light fits the bill too. But, if you ain't legal, and get the wrong "blue meanie," Barnie might taze ya till you shake like Elvis, introduce you to a LA Club, and bean bag ya black and blue. Then when his friends show up, the polyester pile up will get your attention as they walk a police beat on yer ribs. Don't defend yerself, That ain't their fathers heater. Full auto swiss cheeze cutters for the 2nd amendment DOA do-gooders. No siree Mister Roo Dodger, no Illegal light lasers on my Rocket. :)>

I was all set to convert my Touring to LEDs, until I actually saw them on a Touring. They are almost invisible on a cloudy day, let alone in bright sunshine. Since I ride much more in the daytime than I do at night, daytime visibility is paramount for me. I consider an LED light package to be dangerous in the daylight, as they cut down needed conspicuity by (my estimate) 70% or so.

I'll be staying with my conventional light package, which, BTW, does OK for me.

Back