Who needs turn signals anyway

BillyIndiana

Road rash heals-Freckles grow back-Ride
Ride
2015 R3T
Went on a ride Saturday visiting a new Triumph Dealer in Elkhart Indiana. They had a great selection. Talked to the mechanic Marc. Kinda funny he is a Harley Master Tech and brand new to Triumph. It is a whole new world.

Anyway my turn signals were working fine when we left, but buy the time I got home they were not working at all. Played with it a little. Left works sometimes, but right is dead.

I will start digging into it tonight. I am thinking it is the switch.

The turn signal design on our Rockets is fundamentally weak. See my experience here:

DEcosse to the rescue again - and the errant turn signals

The short of it: I pulled out all four sockets and returned the soft contact metal back to where they were supposed to be, and then with the help of a jeweler's screwdriver, pressed the ground contact against the side of the plastic socket while inserting each bulb.

Of course, the real answer, is to convert to LEDs.

The turn signal design on our Rockets is fundamentally weak. See my experience here:

DEcosse to the rescue again - and the errant turn signals

The short of it: I pulled out all four sockets and returned the soft contact metal back to where they were supposed to be, and then with the help of a jeweler's screwdriver, pressed the ground contact against the side of the plastic socket while inserting each bulb.

Of course, the real answer, is to convert to LEDs.

Thanks for the input. Sounds like a valid place for me to start my search. Seems logical since I did notice an intermittent issue to begin with. Went out last night and the left signals worked, but the right did not.

Now if I can just take your description and draw myself a picture.

Back