Who makes a quick detachable back rest with a luggage

bryon540

.060 Over
Who makes a quick detachable back rest with a luggage rack for the R3/R3R?????

I am not looking to wrench on my Rocket every time I want take a long trip.

As I have no desire to ride around a back rest on it every day ridding. My plan is to permanently mount a LeatherLyke case on it, and be able to take the entire thing off with no tools.

Sounds like Flipper needs to get to work. I'm surprised Triumph didn't make that option available. Of course, I suppose they did; called it the Classic, I believe. :D

Well, this sucks bull baII's.:mad:

I wonder if any of the Harly stuff would work?

So how long does it take to install and take-off the Triumph seat back rest??

I know what you mean, especially since Triumph DID make a quick detachable backrest but for the Touring model, of all !!!! What sense does that make? Touring is the one model I would expect to come with a permanent backrest/luggage rack.

One long-term solution would be owning two Metcruze seats (Metcruze Custom Seats - Suzuki VL1500 Seats) -- one touring with attached backrest/rack, and the other single. However, their backrest does not look nearly as heavy duty as the factory one, and their site does not offer a lot of info. Maybe someone with this rack can chime in.

The factroy rack took me about half hour to install, so probably 15-20 minutes to undo 4 bolts, switch the side rails, and redo the bolts. Still, not something I'd want to do regularly, given the tight fitment of the parts, and potential damage to the bike's finish. The rack actually looks very good, but boy would i love a quick option to remove it!

So how long does it take to install and take-off the Triumph seat back rest??

Hey NickeHild that would be great.

Well the only thing is that I will be mounting the Leatherlyke bags on it also.

Back