Whirring noise

Tbone

.060 Over
Ride
2014 Roadster 2008 Not So Standard 2006 Carpenter
So recently my Roadster started making a whirring noise occasionally when I am moving and pull in clutch. I have heard it when coasting to a stop and have also heard it while changing gears. Once the bike slows or engine speed lowers it stops and there seems to be no mechanical issue at this time. This is not the paint rattle can noise that I have read about. Anybody got an idea what is going on?

This was the clutch pressure plate bearing gone a bit rough and needing replacement.
If you listen as i coast and change gear you can hear it - anything like yours?

This was the clutch pressure plate bearing gone a bit rough and needing replacement.
If you listen as i coast and change gear you can hear it - anything like yours?

That could be it but mine not that bad yet. Yep I was thinking it could be release bearing. Not what I want to hear.

All you need is the bearing and the front cover gasket (even just RTV silicone).

You drain the coolant so you can reuse it, pull the radiator and water pump off, pull the front cover, take the pressure plate off and swap out the bearing, all as per the manual.

If you put the front wheel up higher than the rear, the oil should practically all stay put so you don't need to drain it and replace it etc.

If it is the bearing, the noise will get worse as the bearing condition worsens, might take a while, might be overnight.

All you need is the bearing and the front cover gasket (even just RTV silicone).

You drain the coolant so you can reuse it, pull the radiator and water pump off, pull the front cover, take the pressure plate off and swap out the bearing, all as per the manual.

If you put the front wheel up higher than the rear, the oil should practically all stay put so you don't need to drain it and replace it etc.

If it is the bearing, the noise will get worse as the bearing condition worsens, might take a while, might be overnight.
Appreciate the info, I will study manual before I attempt. Big thanks to you and @Claviger for help. I will “ride it out” for now and hopefully make it through Fall riding season before Old Man Winter sets in.

Appreciate the info, I will study manual before I attempt. Big thanks to you and @Claviger for help. I will “ride it out” for now and hopefully make it through Fall riding season before Old Man Winter sets in.
Lol, I have a hard time considering NC having old man winter. (Daughter is in Raleigh) Getting ready to escape Buffalo for the winter, myself

Lol, I have a hard time considering NC having old man winter. (Daughter is in Raleigh) Getting ready to escape Buffalo for the winter, myself
Haha yeh I know but we do occasionally get snow and really cold but nothing like Buffalo. Honestly I ride all year.

Back