rocketjohn

Top Fuel
Ride
was a 2013 Triumph Rocket 3 Touring
I have got the cable, the app, and for measure a tuneecu compatible bluetooth dongle on the way. Question is what should I look for tune wise? My bike has the now discontinued Jardine full set exhaust. Sounds good, runs good, but there is some popping on decel. While I might be interested in derestricting, I really would like to maintain the R3T torque curve. If I go to say the Roadster'ss map, I might have much horsepower, but I am afraid the torque curve would get peaky. Maybe there's a tune that gives me tourer torque characteristics with unlimited top end? Gosh, a tune that's rich enough to keep the pipes from popping would be good!

For starters, you will not be able to do anything with the Blue Tooth thingy -- I went that route and when it didn't do anything but give me codes and so on, I went back to the Tune ECU site, and way down the list of applicability, but well before the bottom, there is a little note to the effect, "Cannot write to the ECU with a Blue Tooth dongle"

As for which tune, you need a tune meister such as @HansO -- who is so helpful and has so little time.

Back