Which tune (tuneboy)

mhurlburt

Standard Bore
Hi as you can see I am new to the forum. Read many but still have to beg a question of those in the know: I have a 2006 Rocket/Classic. Have new Jardines, a K&N filter, just put in Iridium plugs. Also, just picked up the Tuneboy. Which # tune from the website should I be using? I noted the "Jardine" tune is listed under the Rocket ( not the Rocket/Classic) - and that there are a few listed under the Classic ( 20222/20219) - confused. Can anyone help ?

Hi as you can see I am new to the forum. Read many but still have to beg a question of those in the know: I have a 2006 Rocket/Classic. Have new Jardines, a K&N filter, just put in Iridium plugs. Also, just picked up the Tuneboy. Which # tune from the website should I be using? I noted the "Jardine" tune is listed under the Rocket ( not the Rocket/Classic) - and that there are a few listed under the Classic ( 20222/20219) - confused. Can anyone help ?
If there's a tune for Jardines, it won't matter if what you have is a "Classic". You have a Standard with footboards and wide bars and Jardines. If you have triple K&Ns or undertank filters then select one that is both Jardine and the appropriate filter set up.

Try 20145 1 as a starter. The I tables need some mods: Copy I4 to I2 and 3. And the L1-3 tables need some mod for no-pop decel. There is a 10 and 15% adjustment to these latter tables that have worked well to quell the decel pop. these values can be found on the forum herein.

Last edited:
Is your K&N a drop in under the seat or do you have an under the tank or triple filters? The Jardine tune on the Tuneboy site is for a triple filter setup.

Is your K&N a drop in under the seat or do you have an under the tank or triple filters? The Jardine tune on the Tuneboy site is for a triple filter setup.

Hi thanks for the reply and the welcome to the site. The K&N I have is the drop in not the triples. Sounds like I need the triples :)

I have much to learn from you guys. I knew the Classic/Rocket was just a cosmetic diff. that's why I asked about why the tunes are listed in different places on the tuneboy site. That was the confusing part....

If you keep the under seat version... you can get a dry NOX setup for @ $250 and have "afterburners"

You can't take the cheaper route if you switch to triples.

The difference between the classic and standard tunes is the speed limiter is lower on the classic tunes. And yes, triples are the way to go.

Back