Which Rocket to get

dougl

Living Legend
Ride
2007 R3 Classic
I sold my 2005 after 8 years thinking I would hang it up. Then I got a 1700 2012 T-Bird but sold it last summer to once again hang it up. Now I miss the Rocket. I tried out a Roadster but the seating position is too cramped for my hips. I've seen some relatively low mileage standards from 2005 but maybe a later model would be better, like 2008, conisdering they upgraded some of the parts, especially transmission. Even a new 2005 could have problems, although mine never did. What to do?

Just move the dam pegs on the Roadster!
Some enterprising soul should make and offer a kit for this!

Any model from 2009 onward is said to have incorporated all of the "update kit" fixes. the 2010 model was supposedly tuned for the most hp. nelsonto has a very nice Carpenter modded rig for sale over on .com...

Here's another steal of a deal on a Carpenter Silverback. Dunno' if it's still available, though?

Last edited:
Buy a Roaster and put classic foot pegs/rails on it - i have two sets in my shed

Buy a Roaster and put classic foot pegs/rails on it - i have two sets in my shed
Yeah, my understanding is that the engine block is the same so you should be able to bolt the old rig onto it, change the linkage, and do something with the ABS to make it fit. I'll ask the dealer. Would you sell a set?

Yeah, my understanding is that the engine block is the same so you should be able to bolt the old rig onto it, change the linkage, and do something with the ABS to make it fit. I'll ask the dealer. Would you sell a set?
Yes i would but it might be a bit expensive to post.

Back