Which pegs?

Hello Josh and welcome back to the forum. I see you have been here longer than I but I can't see your intro.

As for the pegs, I would reccomend getting the others ones that offer a full 360 degree rotation for better tuning to your particular leg length. I use a set very similar to the ones in your link and they work ok for me but I would rather have the type that offer more flexibility. I think my stock bar is 1 7/8".

Hey Josh,

I just recently picked up a set of the dresser bars and pegs. I highly recommend the adjustable set as they can be highly customized. For example, I am 5'11 but with short legs, I am not able to get my feet out far enough to rest on the pegs that are not adjustable. With the adjustable ones, I was able to install them facing towards me, and then I adjusted the height for what I consider comfortable. I would of been really upset if I got the non adjustable pair. They do add a little width, but they are worth it.

The quality of the pegs and mounting equipment is just amazing. You will be quite happy with them!

Welcome to the club

Those are the pegs and mounts are the se as I have, I have 32 inch inseam 6 ft and have them so the pegs are out in front of the bar, Richard (@CanberraR3) who is about 5 10 has the same set up but back behind the bars, the pegs and mount are separate items, the adjustable mounts that Boog mentioned go between the bar mounts and the pegs to give a large range of adjustment but as Ricochet said make it all wider, the triumph pegs are the best option, I have used others which I don't think are in the same league

Hey Josh,

I just recently picked up a set of the dresser bars and pegs. I highly recommend the adjustable set as they can be highly customized. For example, I am 5'11 but with short legs, I am not able to get my feet out far enough to rest on the pegs that are not adjustable. With the adjustable ones, I was able to install them facing towards me, and then I adjusted the height for what I consider comfortable. I would of been really upset if I got the non adjustable pair. They do add a little width, but they are worth it.

The quality of the pegs and mounting equipment is just amazing. You will be quite happy with them!

Welcome to the club

First off. Thanks everyone who has chimed in. I've been looking online for my options. Just had a thought though. I ride my bike at least once a week through heavy traffic in NYC. I've gotten pretty good at determining if we (RIII) and I can fit between tight spots. Would adding the OEM adjustable highway peg mounts and the pegs add to the overall width of the bike?

I think I would have to configure them in a very similar manner to Ricochet, judging from his post. I am about 5'10.5" and have a short inseam as well, about 30". I have a long torso comparatively. So was wondering, Ricochet, can you tell me with your current configuration how much do the pegs stick out past the handlebars (if they do)?

How easy is it to take them off? Would they leave any marks on the dresser bars?

I did ride back from Chicago to NYC on a 2 day ride when I bought her. I wish I had the highway pegs but it wasn't necessary. I probably do 2-6 longer trips (day long) per year. So I'm just trying to figure out now if the extra width and its effect on city riding would be worth the added comfort for the longer less frequent rides I do. I''ll be doing two long trips this month and a medium next month so I want to figure this all out ASAP.

Cheers,

Josh

They do fold up Josh when you are not using them, but yes, even then they add about 2 inches to the overall width of the bike. Unfolded is close to six inches wider I guess.

First off. Thank
s everyone who has chimed in. I've been looking online for my options. Just had a thought though. I ride my bike at least once a week through heavy traffic in NYC. I've gotten pretty good at determining if we (RIII) and I can fit between tight spots. Would adding the OEM adjustable highway peg mounts and the pegs add to the overall width of the bike?

I think I would have to configure them in a very similar manner to Ricochet, judging from his post. I am about 5'10.5" and have a short inseam as well, about 30". I have a long torso comparatively. So was wondering, Ricochet, can you tell me with your current configuration how much do the pegs stick out past the handlebars (if they do)?

How easy is it to take them off? Would they leave any marks on the dresser bars?

I did ride back from Chicago to NYC on a 2 day ride when I bought her. I wish I had the highway pegs but it wasn't necessary. I probably do 2-6 longer trips (day long) per year. So I'm just trying to figure out now if the extra width and its effect on city riding would be worth the added comfort for the longer less frequent rides I do. I''ll be doing two long trips this month and a medium next month so I want to figure this all out ASAP.

Cheers,

Josh

Josh,

They're super easy to put on and off, its just 1 big bolt... the pieces kind of clamp together and they fit perfectly. As far as width is concerned I think it adds maybe a couple of inches to the width, but I've had no problem navigating through traffic in my local city. We are not allowed to lane split so if thats your case, you will probably have to just fold up the pegs.

And just cause im such a nice guy, I went alllll the way downstairs and took these pictures for you so you can see clearly how they look.

Also just for your information, the other day I was stupid and tired and forgot to put the kick stand down and my bike fell to the left directly on the left peg. Absolutely NOTHING happened to the peg, it actually just rotated a little and there wasn't a scratch on my bike or the peg. I am really impressed with how strong and high quality they are.

Last edited:
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Great photos. Thanks for going to all that trouble. Convinced me that I should be able to use them in the city without any problems.

Received the TRIUMPH OEM Highway Pegs and Mounts. Trying to install them but have a question as the directions clearly indicate two washer are supposed to be installed with both pegs. Each peg seems to be missing the "shakeproof washer," and I only have one "plain washer," for each peg.

Can anyone who has installed the Triumph OEM pegs remember if both kinds of washers (for a total of 4) were included in your set?

Thanks.

BTW Ricochet, how hard was it for you to get the bike back up and standing? (glad nothing was damaged!)

Back