Which Bluetooth ODB2 Connector works with the Rocket?

ricochet

Rocket Captain
Ride
2012 Rocket III Roadster
Hey Guys! Looking to do some winter projects this year and one of them includes adding a small 5" screen to my dash that uses Torque or a similiar android app to monitor my bikes functions. Since I am using Android, I need one that uses bluetooth but there are so many variants out there.. Can anyone show me which ones that they have gotten to work with the Rocket that fits in the small space under the seat? Looking for a Bluetooth ODB2 connector.

Thanks!!

I have both a full size and a mini ELM 327 bluetooth adapters.

The mini does not work with my Samsung Galaxy S4 or my Dell Venue 8.

upload_2014-11-4_11-26-55.png

The full size unit like the one below works very well.

upload_2014-11-4_11-28-2.png

I have both a full size and a mini ELM 327 bluetooth adapters.

The mini does not work with my Samsung Galaxy S4 or my Dell Venue 8.

upload_2014-11-4_11-26-55.png

The full size unit like the one below works very well.

upload_2014-11-4_11-28-2.png

Crap, I ended up ordering that Mini one ... I bought a small crappy android phone to work it with. Do you have any idea why it doesnt work with your android device?

You guys are awesome!
I'm actually thinking of removing my instruments and replacing with a tablet and GPS. I was just going to ask about a BT ODB2!

You guys are awesome!
I'm actually thinking of removing my instruments and replacing with a tablet and GPS. I was just going to ask about a BT ODB2!
The R3 DOES NOT HAVE AN OBD-II interface. It's a modified OBD-I. It will NOT give you all OBD data you may be expecting from OBD-II. Just saying to avoid any tears later on.

Crap, I ended up ordering that Mini one ... I bought a small crappy android phone to work it with. Do you have any idea why it doesnt work with your android device?

The mini would not pair with my phone or tablet. I've read that some of the mini's are knockoffs that are crap but you can find some legit ones that will work.

The R3 DOES NOT HAVE AN OBD-II interface. It's a modified OBD-I. It will NOT give you all OBD data you may be expecting from OBD-II. Just saying to avoid any tears later on.

I'm sure I recall someone running a Bluetooth adapter and the Torque app and getting the stats out of it just fine though.

I'm sure I recall someone running a Bluetooth adapter and the Torque app and getting the stats out of it just fine though.
It will give you SOME data - but not all that would be available if it were REALLY ODB-II. ODB1 will give you rpms, speed, tps and more. But OBD-II has much more. What's more it's a standard whereas OBD1 never REALLY was. The Scangauge apparently works well on the R3 too. I have a VI OBD-II gauge that will give me some data - but there is still stuff I wanted that it can't give me.

Back