Where to find clamps for lowers?

wjb3805

.020 Over
Greetings Captains:

Does anyone know where the following item (s) may be purchased? this is the split ring clamp with rubber cushion for the Rockets lower deflectors. before you ask, I checked with my local dealer. their catalog did not show this part as available. also had the mounting kit part number (A9740063) for the deflector setup, but that was also not available in their parts catalog. really dont want to spend another $119.00 on a deflector setup just for 4 clamps.

anyone have any ideas / suggestions?

Thanks...

Jeff
2006 R3 Classic
Portsmouth Va

If you aren't going to use it for the deflector setup, what are you trying to do?

Knowing that some of us might be able to direct you.

"Does anyone know where the following item (s) may be purchased? this is the split ring clamp with rubber cushion..."

Go to a GOOD hardware store and look for duct clamp, pipe clamps, or conduit clamps. Substitute hanger for clamps might also help.
I have seen them in sizes up to 4" diameter, may even make larger ones, many places stock the small sizes and can order larger ones.
Hope this helps.

They can be ordered separately...don't know the cost, but mine were ordered under warranty and I saw the parts diagram and listing that showed them listed separately. Any Triumph dealership has access to that diagram.
Dennis

RE: subject

Ratboy:
am using clamps on a homemade windscreen. the deflector clamps would make everything match and would help stiffen up my current assembly.

If you aren't going to use it for the deflector setup, what are you trying to do?

Knowing that some of us might be able to direct you.

Attachments

• IM000248.jpg
    IM000248.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 116
  • IM000249.jpg
    IM000249.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 118
They can be ordered separately...don't know the cost, but mine were ordered under warranty and I saw the parts diagram and listing that showed them listed separately. Any Triumph dealership has access to that diagram.
Dennis

Molinoman:

already went that route, no luck. think they may have changed the catalog recently. had the actual Triumph kit number and according to dealer, is only available as part of the entire deflector setup. they could find no other entries...

hey wjb3805,
I've got a few questions for you. 1) didn't that classic come with a windscreen stock? 2) if it did weren't you happy with the original?
3) how tall is that thing? 4) If you ever need the twin sister to your tank, I've got her. Guess that about covers it for now. Take care bro. skip

hey wjb3805,
I've got a few questions for you. 1) didn't that classic come with a windscreen stock? 2) if it did weren't you happy with the original?
3) how tall is that thing? 4) If you ever need the twin sister to your tank, I've got her. Guess that about covers it for now. Take care bro. skip

Skip:
in order of questions;

1: nope, purchased originally as a "bare bones" model.

2: original screen retails for around $500.00. my prototype was built for less than $80.00. now that I have an idea of what I am doing, the permanant replacement will be built for less than $150.00, which in total is still less than half of the Triumph screen.

3: in its current position, the Lexan sheet is 28 inches, making for approx 1.5 to 2 inches above my line of site. besides a comfortable ride, its safe for me to ride with shield up if I like. line of site protection. IMHO, the Triumph screens are built way too low for real protection and seriously overpriced.

4: thanks, on the tank offer, not needed at this time...

later.

Jeff

I too searched for clamps....

check out wire loom clamps as well, I found a supplier online at one point they were not too expensive But had to order ten at a time...

I checked fastenall, ace hardware, lowes and home depot...nothing

do a search on wire loom clamps ( they have the pad and mount the same way..)

di dyou try bikebandit.com???

Back