When It's just not your time to go.........

EasTexRIII

Living Legend
Ride
05 Rocket III
http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/...7748113317980/640x360_6646047748113317980.mp4

The above video comes from Interstate 94 in Woodbury, Minnesota, and shows 20-year-old Brendan Jankowski of Hudson, Wisconsin riding his bike home on June 18 when the floating foam pad (that appears to be) strapped to a boat hitched to an SUV flies off into the middle of the highway.
Unable to avoid the huge foam pad, Jankowski collides with it and goes airborne, crashing hard before getting thrown off his motorcycle into the highway.
By some miracle, Jankowski avoids being run over by any passing cars, and after being transported to a local hospital for treatment, walked away with only minor injuries. Unfortunately for Jankowski, his bike wasn’t so lucky; it was wrecked in the accident.
“I’m grateful that I got away lucky,” Jankowski told KARE11. “But it’s still unfortunate that I lost a bike due to something as simple as tying something down.”
Fortuitously, he was likely saved by the fact he was wearing a helmet as well as a riding jacket — the latter of which he told FOX9 he had purchased not even an hour prior to the crash.
“I just bought the jacket that day thinking I’d come back next week and get the gear and have the full set,” Jankowski told the news station. “I happened to use the jacket I just bought to help save me quite a bit of pain.”

“I don’t want to see something like that again,” Linda Leverty, the Minnesota woman who captured the video, told the Minneapolis Star Tribune. “It totally surprised me that he was able to stand up and walk to the side of the road.”
Unfortunately for Jankowski, the SUV trailing the boat did not stop after the incident, and investigators in the state are still attempting to track down the car and its driver.

That looked almost avoidable....maybe...he didn't even get out of his lane. But I wasn't there so I really don't know, so I will leave it at that. OTOH, that is a really nice clear dash cam that lady has. I wonder what make and model it is?

bob

takes him a little too long to get on the brakes IMO,dash cam shows plate on vehicle towing the boat don't it ,but what do I know?I was not there glad he had his gear on minus the pants

He was changing lanes, but the obstacle then also decided to change lanes in the same direction. Braking, changing direction, hoping the vehicle in the lane is not going to rear-end you, and then discovering that the obstacle has also decided to go that way - that is a lot of thoughts going through his head at the same time.

I'm glad he walked away to tell the tale. I hope they get the idiot who didn't secure his load correctly.

Looks like applying the brakes half a second sooner woul have helped a bunch, maybe even avoiding it all together, but like others said i was not there

I am happy his outcome was as well as it was. I expected the worst seeing him roll down the highway in his shorts and sneakers. :(

bob

He must have thought he was on fire...... he dropped and rolled. (I know ... that was uncalled for)

Glad he was alright but he could have at least worn some pants. My luck my knees would be cherry red with road rash.

I pulled up at the gas pump at a store while riding my bike and this Harley guy asked "You're not hot with that jacket on in this kind of heat?" I said "Yeah.... but I dress for the slide not the ride"

Nice PLF! Rolling beats sliding any day. I would never ride behind that setup, I always get out of the way of vehicles with stuff tied on. The boat owner never knew what happened they just found the pad gone at the next stop. Idiots.

Back