Wheel remove/replace Questions

JRock

Turbocharged
Ride
2008 Rocket III Standard
I removed the front and rear wheels for tire replacement, and I have some questions about putting it back together. Thanks in advance:

1. The inner brake pad on the rear caliper is hanging by the rear pin; the front of the pad just dropped down from the caliper. Is it supposed to just push back up in the front when I reassemble, or is there a pin in front? I didn't crawl down and look with a worklite yet. I did not hear anything drop. The outer pad seems to be attached at both ends.

2. Does it matter which way they mount the tire on the front wheel? The direction of the original tire's tread seems to be backward in relation to the way the wheel spokes sweep on the rear wheel. (I hope that makes sense) The front rotors don't seems to be directional but the wheel spokes are.

A comment:
I fabricated the bracket to mount to the the harbor freight bike jack and mounted it 5 inches forward as indicated in the last pic here:

I have the exact same jack as in the pics.
This placement does not lift the bike evenly front-to-rear. The back comes up much higher. Had to shim the front with 3/4 inch wood board to make it sit even. I'm going to move the crossbar with the centerstand pins back at least 3 inches.

Tee Dee ther is slot up in the caliper for the pad to slide into pin is just on the rear it a easy job.
Second Tire has rotationnal direction arrows on it follow that.

Back