Wheel coating - opinions please...

Timbo

Supercharged
Ride
2013 R3 Roadster
I have taken the wheels off, tyres off and stripped the wheels down to just the rims ready for coating.

I did my first rocket and went satin black, looked great and was on my 2009 Black Roadster, really set the bike off nice. Skipped the Phantom Blue 2011 Roadster.

The Roadster I have now (I like Roadsters obviously) is Matt Black and my question is this, do I go the route most seem to go and do the wheels satin black again or do I listen to my inner demons and go different, specifically bright green (kwak green) wheels.

Downloaded some colour change app and applied to the wheels, what you think? Be honest, I can take it :whitstling: . Reality would be brighter green than this, but you get the idea.

I went gloss black and love 'em but I did consider bright red, just wasn't brave enough!

IMG_20190616_094330_588222.jpg

I have taken the wheels off, tyres off and stripped the wheels down to just the rims ready for coating.

I did my first rocket and went satin black, looked great and was on my 2009 Black Roadster, really set the bike off nice. Skipped the Phantom Blue 2011 Roadster.

The Roadster I have now (I like Roadsters obviously) is Matt Black and my question is this, do I go the route most seem to go and do the wheels satin black again or do I listen to my inner demons and go different, specifically bright green (kwak green) wheels.

Downloaded some colour change app and applied to the wheels, what you think? Be honest, I can take it :whitstling: . Reality would be brighter green than this, but you get the idea.

Just a thought,the rims are off and ready? You could try a couple different colours with spray on plasti-dip, comes off easily enough (so I’m told) , then when you are satisfied,go for powder coat.

Just a thought,the rims are off and ready? You could try a couple different colours with spray on plasti-dip, comes off easily enough (so I’m told) , then when you are satisfied,go for powder coat.

I was considering getting one coated and see how it looked then either get second done or redo the first but your option is more sensible, but the wheels are off and dismantled so couldn't get the real view as no tyres etc.

Follow you inner Demon... it's your ride and your opinion counts most. I appreciate most things custom, regardless of my personal taste... Personally, my color is red... :thumbsup::D:sneaky:
-MIG

I was considering getting one coated and see how it looked then either get second done or redo the first but your option is more sensible, but the wheels are off and dismantled so couldn't get the real view as no tyres etc.
Grab an inner tube and inflate it around your rim,dry mount back on the bike....at the worst...would look like you had slicks on :p

Nah, dig in, what do you think? I see yours are very shiny and polished :whitstling:

What I posted was in no way a dig at your post - It was an inside (or maybe not) joke, referring to another thread that got shut down :banghead:

I say you are on the right track with your ideas - Honestly, I really do like the Hi Vis Green or any other Hi Vis color of your choice because it sticks out and make you more visible to other traffic while also looking good. If it were me I would do the green :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back