What's your reccomended eyewear?

Boog

Traveling Story Teller
Ride
2014 R3T, RAMAIR, Full Viking Dual exhaust
For those of you who ride without a helmet or with an open face brain bucket, what do you recommend for eye protection? I have some mildly padded eyewear (clear, amber and tinted) that works well till around 60mph. Then they start to move around some and lose their wind blocking ability.

I have been reading on Amazon what others say about their experiences in the reviews, but find that one guy will state how awesome his are with no fogging then the next guy will write about how they fog so much they are useless.

What say you?

Well, I use sunglasses for riding, with the foam around them. Been using Epoch because they are cheap. Can't see spending big bucks for something that is going to get beat up. I have the sunglasses versions and the goggles versions. The googles are nice at higher speeds because they tend to move around less due to the strap going around your head.

For years I used bog standard industrial safety shields - like the sort used when lathing : and also LAB safety glasses - there to keep you safe from white phosphorous, caustic soda, hot acid etc. Usually cheap and disposable.

I wear an open face Helmet and use Raybands as they reduce glare considerably, and are reasonably Aero dynamic even up to about 120MPH (which is as fast as I'm likely to go these days)
I think that the important thing is, well for me anyway, is that they fit ya face.
I've got to be able to turn my head sideways and not have the Glass's ripped off my face by the wind.
These are not cheap, the last pair cost me about NZ$350.00 but well worth it.

If I were to ride with no bucked, Id probably rock something like these for the lolz:
download (1).jpg
images (3).jpg

In all seriousness, when riding with an open helm (rare these days) I wear either WIleyX or Oakley. They're impact resistant and I've already had my eyes saved once in my life by a good pair for polycarbonate glasses.

I wear contacts so I have to have the foam surrounds, or my eyes dry out. I've tried a bunch of different ones, but for the last several years I've been using Global Vision Stray Cats. I've never had luck with the crenellated foam surrounds, these have solid neoprene foam. I've never had an issue with fogging unless I come out from AC/heat to a large temperature difference.

The best price I've found on them is from Amazon:
Sometimes you'll find a good deal on ebay, usually like Amazon, on the 3 pack. Even though I don't usually end up using the "Bono" yellow ones, it's a better deal than buying them individually.

They're quality enough to work well, and cheap enough that when I lose or break them, it's not a big deal.

Back