What's wrong with my head!?!

Big Goaler

.060 Over
First, I'm finally back......bone headed myself out of the forum. Not important.

So, two Saturdays ago I take my Rocket in for her 500 mile checkup. She was leaking behind the oil tank when I brought her in. The mech checked it out and said bad o-rings. :evil: He also noticed, which I didn't, oil leaking from the head gasket. :twisted: :twisted: The sevice guy said that they had another Rocket with the same problem. They call Triumph; Triumph says they are full of ****ski. Triumph tells them that they have never heard of this problem and that it's odd that they are the only dealership with it. The service guy goes on to tell me, well we are the largest Triumph dealer in the country, what ever, fix my bike :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
They have to ship my head to Atlanta, I guess that's where Triumph is headquartered in the USA. Triumph looks it over and, yup, I have a porous head. The bike, not me though that's another....nevermind :?
Triumph ships them back a new head. Suppose top be finished by Friday. Have to wait until Monday though, taking the missus on a cruise for her 50th tomorrow.
These two weeks have been rough. Missed the Leesburg bikefest. Chomping at the bit :!: :!: :!: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Alan on the UK site has just had his cases changed due to oil leak through porous engine cases .

Mine also had a porous cylinder head which only appeared after the 500 mile service changed within three days though never had anymore oil leaks since now on 13000 miles 8)

Yes I did have a hole in my block, (not the one on my shoulders). It was located behind and to the right of the oil tank. Triumph covered everything no questions. Even had my shifter return springs replaced at the same time. You can tell your dealer to call RPM cycle in Dallas to confirm this. It has happened before!

biker1059 said:
Yes I did have a hole in my block, (not the one on my shoulders). It was located behind and to the right of the oil tank. Triumph covered everything no questions. Even had my shifter return springs replaced at the same time. You can tell your dealer to call RPM cycle in Dallas to confirm this. It has happened before!

Mine is covered under warranty. I should of had Triumph throw in a windscreen and sissybar for the inconvience. Will hit the dealer up when I pick her up.

Well, I finally got her back yesterday after the head replacement. I couldn't get the grin too much on the ride back from Orlando.....the Lovebugs are brutal out there. I think I got smoke inhalation too from the brush fires. :lol: :lol:

Back