truckinusa

Standard Bore
I went to the local dealer to check out that Ducati Sport 1000S. I didn't get much help and the dealer seemed like more of a hang out joint than a business. I did run into a nice guy that was telling me all about the Rocket tho. It peaked my interest since he knew so much about them. He informed me he didn't work there, but he got a free trip to the factory for his hanging around. Now I'm mildly interested in the Rocket. I used to own a SV650X and a GN400 thumper. I don't know much about Triumph. The only thing impeding me from getting a bike is my big head. I couldn't seem to find a helmet that fit last time. I settled for a HJC XXXL since I got the bike before the helmet. Someone told me Arai has more of a form fitting helmet, but don't know what else to try.

Last edited:
I currently appreciate the advantages of the Vega Summit XPV modular helmet. I don't know that a XXXL is available. My XL is a most comfortable fit. Padding is removable for cleaning and the price is right. An XXL is available at one online retailer. Many reviewers have high regards for this modular yet inexpensive helmet.

Last edited:
The only other question I have is how you carry a few things on this bike? I would need to carry some clothes and stuff for work. I guess I could always use a backpack? Maybe the touring model is the way to go?

I have the same problem, a oblong head and everything wants to rest on my forehead. I wear a Shoei full face (i think its a XXXL) and love it. I have purchased several helmets after it but still go back to the Shoei. Even though it is only 3X it is larger than some of the other buckets. Try one you might be suprised. That means I had a big head even before I bought the Rocket.:D

I have the same problem, a oblong head and everything wants to rest on my forehead. I wear a Shoei full face (i think its a XXXL) and love it. I have purchased several helmets after it but still go back to the Shoei. Even though it is only 3X it is larger than some of the other buckets. Try one you might be suprised. That means I had a big head even before I bought the Rocket.:D

****, an oblong head............That's serious. How about a garbage bag with eye slits in it......?:D

****, an oblong head............That's serious. How about a garbage bag with eye slits in it......?:D
Well, I'm definitely not getting a bike to pick up chicks! My wife might ride with me though? I don't know how young your kids go for a ride with you. I'm sure my son would love it when he's old enough.

Back