What's the best table for TuneEcu?

Nogrey

.040 Over
Ride
2012 Triumph Rocket III Roadster, 1997 Valk Tourer
I'm all "apple" and am looking in to buying a tablet for TuneEcu. The ONLY thing it will be used for. I'd love your suggestions.

Just buy the cheapest one you can find. I like Samsung Galaxy tablets but they are high in price.:eek::p:roll::D

See if a friend will let you borrow a android tablet that would be even cheaper.:p

Android tablets are your best buy. Windows is such a heartbreaking disaster area in any device that I wouldn't dare touch it on a tablet. The TV sellers like HSN and QVC will sometimes have ridiculously good buys on Android tablets, that for running TuneECU will be more than adequate.Check their websites, for you might wait through horrible hours of costume jewelry if you watch them on TV!

I use an OLD netbook with Win7 Starter on.

There must be some small geeky places close to you that recondition older PC's and will put Win7 on for you.
Mine is well over 10 years old - I changed the disk for a solid state one and it' s perfect for TuneECU/PCV and all other things like PDM60 software - RFID tag software etc.

There are iirc limits as to what Droid-ECU will do. Sadly whilst I too am rather reluctant to use windows a mass of aftermarket stuff simply requires windows for the drivers to work.
Some work with Mac-OS - but not all.

Android tablets are your best buy. Windows is such a heartbreaking disaster area in any device that I wouldn't dare touch it on a tablet.

Well, that's not really true. My work computer is a Microsoft-made Surface Pro 3 and it's working great. Have it plugged into a USB docking station and have two extra screens hanging off it, even.

But I do enjoy my Android devices also. There is a shortage of decent tablets now though. The best Android tablet at a reasonable price I know of is still a years old design, the Nexus 7 2013. Nice and small and handy, great screen, and can be patched up to Android 6. Can be had used for $100-150 or thereabouts, or new under $300.

Although, there are incredibly cheap Windows tablets now. You get what you pay for, sure, so it's going to be garbage, but it's hard to even fathom prices like these:

Back