Whats next mod??

Roscoe

Biker Chaplain
Ride
2008 R3
So my son owned the rocket for a year and sold out bought a Hardley...... I bought the rocket! He had the 3 pipes cut and gutted and cat removed.... thats it for mods so far.

Basically I am happy with the bike my fanging days are way over and done with, the Rocket has more than enough horseys than I care to paly with but was thinking maybe a ramair for looks or K&N?

I am not a real fan of Ramair we used them in the 80's here in Oz and they tended to get sucked into the manifold eventually....... Don't want to spend big dollars but just wondering what way is the best way to go, I see ramair has sensors sold on ebay with them but not K&N which is the best way to go bang for buck?

Congratulations on the Rocket !

FWIW, A number of us have RAMAir, and they've come a ways since then -- even in the list half dozen years they've made modest improvements that have left most of us who have them, happy.

Whether or not you are interested in more power, RAMAir does a nice job of freeing up space under the tank.

Of course, your results may vary.

Good luck, and keep us posted.

if you are happy with it leave it as it is:D except for one thing, if you still have the stock intake system remove it and install the K&Ns it makes life so much easier when you work on the bike, plus it gives you some storage under the seat.

if you are happy with it leave it as it is:D except for one thing, if you still have the stock intake system remove it and install the K&Ns it makes life so much easier when you work on the bike, plus it gives you some storage under the seat.

I was looking at the pic of the coolant bottle under the seat like that idea! Ramair allow this or just the K&N?

I run the 3 x Uni filters and they are the cheapest option too- just cable tie to your original velocity stacks and clean regularly.

Back