what tune for me?

jokerx

Standard Bore
Just got my tuneboy installed (windows 7 and drivers were not funny for an amateur like me)
What would be the best tune for me
Rocket III-06
Mad Dogs
No Cat Box
K&N under seat
Live in Sweden so it has to work in cold weather because that global warming thing haven't started here yet.

The new Tuneboy web site has only one custom tune on it: 20050TOR_DynoTune.dat. This is for TORs with cat bypass. This is close to what you've got. None of the tunes on the new Tuneboy site will open in my older version of TuneEdit (3.9.4.5).

The following link on this forum has the same tune but this version opens in older versions of TuneEdit.

Link Removed

You need to uncheck the "O2 sensor fitted" box in the tune constants assuming this option is still in the newest version of TuneEdit.

You may get popping on hard deceleration. This problem is addressed by changing the L tables. There are a lot of tunes around you can obtain from people on this forum.

Thank you dougl
Since Im not a computer wizard and not an electrical engineer I really need basic instructions (wich I am good at).
Sorry for a stupid question What is TORS ?

TORs is the Triumph off-road mufflers - probably similar to the Mad Dogs.

If you could deal with installing the drivers, you're doing fine. Have you actually connected Tuneboy to the bike? When you start TuneEdit and read a tune, the download button should turn yellow. Don't hit it! You should also be able to run the Tuneboy program and the dashboard and sensor screens will show that the you are connected.

What version of Tuneboy do you have? Check to see if it will read a Rocket tune you can download from the current Tuneboy web site and also whether it will read the tune I posted a link to. That's the tune you want to start with. The new version of TuneEdit should be backwards compatible with the older tunes.

I just downloaded the "TuneEdit only" program from the Tuneboy web site. This is version 3.9.9.3. It was able to read my old tunes as well as the one from the current Tuneboy web site (20050TOR_DynoTune.dat).

Don't know what version I got but I managed to download your tune to tune edit.
Have to pass motorvehicledepartement first before I will load the tune
Will get back to you in 3 weeks after I have changed back to the Mad dogs since they won't pass the inspectors.
Thanks for the help/Jokerx

Back