What to use for Matte Black - Sorry Art, I'm not going to use Lemon Pledge

D04011

Semi-retired adult film star...
Ride
20 R3 GT; 14 R3R; 14 R3T; 11 R3R; 09 R3 Standard
I very recently picked up a minty Matte Black 2011 R3R and am wondering what folks are using to keep theirs looking good. I know some folks with other bike brands use Windex (without ammonia) with good results but I'm not sure if the Triumph paint is different and I definitely don't want to make it look like He!!.

My ZX-14 is Matte Carbon but has a really good non-reflective clear coat so I use regular car wax and it looks great. I have almost always had black bikes but they were gloss and seemed much easier to keep clean.

Thanks in advance!

20170701_100643.jpg

I have a matte black roof on my l200 - colour match black by turtlewax is the only thing I have found that does not polish to a shine but leaves the black - black

There are Spray on type polishes that spray on "dry" & then you just wipe it off. Do not rub it in or polish it because that will cause it to "shine up".
Wet it, dry it, spray on the dry polish, wipe it off.

I very recently picked up a minty Matte Black 2011 R3R and am wondering what folks are using to keep theirs looking good. I know some folks with other bike brands use Windex (without ammonia) with good results but I'm not sure if the Triumph paint is different and I definitely don't want to make it look like He!!.

My ZX-14 is Matte Carbon but has a really good non-reflective clear coat so I use regular car wax and it looks great. I have almost always had black bikes but they were gloss and seemed much easier to keep clean.

Thanks in advance!

20170701_100643.jpg

I use Harley Davidsons denim paint cleaner spray or blue (amonia free) Windex if wiping it down dry. Otherwise f there are dried on bugs etc. I use mild dish soap like dawn or sunlight (nothing with scrubbing particles) solution in a bucket of warm water and a rag and rinse. Both work well for me

Windex window cleaner and a very soft cloth works a treat. Been using it on all my Matt painted Triumphs/Yamahas/Harleys

Back