What size Torx do I use for the oil drain plugs?

Willtill

Nitrous
What size Torx do I use for the sump and oil tank drain plugs? Is it a T50 for all three? The front and rear plugs sump plugs look like a T50 fits them, but the T50 seems to fit loose in the oil tank drain plug on the bottom of the crankcase..... unfortunately I don't have anything larger than a T50 at the moment....

?????

Thanks Ian. The T50 fits well in the front and rear plugs, but not the oil pump plug. Seems to fit rather loosely in that one. Are all three the same?

Ah, I just got her to break loose. :cool:

For some reason, the Torx head does not go into the oil tank drain plug; as far as the other two (front and rear) sump plugs....

Ah, I just got her to break loose. :cool:

For some reason, the Torx head does not go into the oil tank drain plug; as far as the other two (front and rear) sump plugs....

I just did mine and used the same allen key for the lot,not sure what size. I just go through them till I find one that fits. It is the same size as the one that holds the gear shfter on.

You can make it work with an allen key, but the right tool is a T50 torx bit.

Whats the benfits of a Torx bit over an allen key? I guess its easier to use in conjunction with a torque wrench
Of course, the best policy is only doing them up tight enough to stop them leaking

Back