What should I look out for on a 2009 R3T with very little use?

SteveMcD

.020 Over
Ride
2009 R3T
I just rejoined here after purchasing a 2009 R3T in blue with only 1.600 miles. I bought it through eBay from a car dealer in Florida and cosmetically it looks great.

This is my second R3T, so I know the model reasonably well.

I'm a bit concerned about what I might need to be concerned about due to lack of use. Battery and tires are obvious, but what else should I be keeping an eye on as I break this in properly after years of not being ridden much?

Is that the bike that the dealer in New Port Richey had on eBay?

I wouldn't think you have much too much to worry about if you are going to change out the tires and battery. It might be a good idea to change the oils and brake fluid. Speed bleeders are very cool when flushing the brake fluid, but you are probably way ahead of me on that.

Is that the bike that the dealer in New Port Richey had on eBay?

I wouldn't think you have much too much to worry about if you are going to change out the tires and battery. It might be a good idea to change the oils and brake fluid. Speed bleeders are very cool when flushing the brake fluid, but you are probably way ahead of me on that.

I think it is, Exotic Motorcasrs our of Tarpon Springs was the seller on eBay.

"I think it is, Exotic Motorcars our of Tarpon Springs was the seller on eBay."

Yes, that was it. I was watching that auction. If there had not been any bids I was going to jump in at the 11th hour. That was a nice looking bike. Congrats!

"I think it is, Exotic Motorcars our of Tarpon Springs was the seller on eBay."

Yes, that was it. I was watching that auction. If there had not been any bids I was going to jump in at the 11th hour. That was a nice looking bike. Congrats!

Thanks. I think the shipper is picking it up today and it may appear by Monday.

Congrats on the new addition!!! I assume she's there making her new home... pics??? :)
-MIG

Back