What sensor is this.................

Wrecka

Living Legend
Ride
2013 R3R
Doing maintenance on the bike on the weekend and notice a wire hanging out behind the oil tank, has a long probe type deal on the end with a rubber boot , worked out it goes into the head so im assuming it'd be the temp sensor for the fan , im just guessing though. Got the baztid back in after disconnecting the return pipe to the sump from the oil tank , that fkn thing was a ***** to get the clamp back on so I flicked the OEM spring clamp and used a screw hose clamp.......

sounds like the coolant temp sensor alright

dude are you drunk? you sound drunk lol

i would think the only sensor that could fall down would be the air temp sensor which should not be at the engine but more near the air filters or the front of eng where it could sense normal air temp.

i would think the only sensor that could fall down would be the air temp sensor which should not be at the engine but more near the air filters or the front of eng where it could sense normal air temp.
Definitely not airtemp sensor, I know what that is :)

Air temp sensor doesn't have a rubber boot a long probe or enough cable slack to make it all the way down there

This is the coolant temp sensor which lives behind the oil tank

$_1.JPG

Air temp sensor doesn't have a rubber boot a long probe or enough cable slack to make it all the way down there

This is the coolant temp sensor which lives behind the oil tank

$_1.JPG
Thats the one except the brass bit was still screwed in and the actual wire bit of the probe was right out, spose i need to check and make sure it still works

Back