bbrczx10

Standard Bore
hello all,
I just returned from a 1700 mile trip from lower Michigan to the U.P. and back, It was an awesome trip, but have one HUGE complaint. The seat wrecked my whole trip, It is so uncomfortable. What do you guys recommend for a replacement. Info on me, im 6'7 tall and around 270lbs. Its a 2011 roadster, with 9500 miles, and the seat is still rock hard.

any thought or input would be great

thanks

Not sure whether the they make a long haul seat or not for the Roadster, I just got it on my Touring and it is not too bad. Love the back support.

Others have Corbins the like.

And you could try a sheepskin pad for more softness. The long haul is pretty firm and I have been thinking about the sheepskin pad.

You will most likely get some more suggestions.

Rick

Wish I had known you. Been wanting to head up to the UP, but have not found someone else to go. Two of my riding buddies are too busy and one is still recovering from a motorcycle accident last year.

Where are you at in MI? I'm in N. Oakland County and I have a couple of spare seats (I have to check exactly what). If one was to your liking, I'll cut you a good deal...

BB, you really have only one option, a Corbin. Given your size, any of the Triumph seats are going to be waaaay too soft and you will end up sitting on the seat pan. That's what is happening now. I know, I've been there.

I tried to have my Triumph seat customized but that didn't work.

The Corbin is rock hard at first but it will hold up to your size and relieve the pressure on your tailbone.

I'm not 6'7", only 6'2", but tip the scales at round 290.

I have basically the same complaint with the seat. It's ok for a couple hrs, but is quite the pain in the a@! after that. Seams to be too hard, but in reality the foam has compressed to the point that I'm sitting on the seat pan. Had this problem on my last 2 bikes as well, and decided to break out the big bucks for a Corbin. All I can say is they are well worth th price.

Corbin dual tour, rivco risers, iso grips, and Hagon nitro shocks are on my list of must haves.
Now to cover the cost... :confused:

RR I live in kalamazoo area, check and see what you have and shoot me a pic and price, may be interested, still busy downing pain killers...........

I just got my Corbin dual tour seat for my 11 Roadster. I love the seat. My only complaint was the mounting hardware. It does not fit perfectly. My other half ( wife ) :) made some adjustments to make it work.

I like the Corbin, but they are notorious for having small difficulties in getting their seat to fit whatever bike its made for.

My favorite though is the Russell Day Long. On my first R3T, I went through the stock seat, the Long Haul seat, a Corbin, and finally the Russell. The Russell is custom made to your weight and measurements. Every time I buy a touring or sport touring bike I have them build me a seat. When I bought my second R3T last year, I ordered the Russell seat concurrent with the purchase of the bike. I knew I wanted it.

The Russell workmanship is excellent. I prefer full leather, but they also offer vinyl options. Guys who weigh more than about 245 pounds are also advised to add the heavy duty spring set (built into the seat).

I've had 5 or 6 Sargent custom seats, 4 or 5 Corbins, assorted stock, gel, long haul, etc., but nothing beats the Russell if you sit in the pocket as advised in their instructions. The last four aftermarket seats I've bought have all been Russells.

I've just returned to this forum after an extended absence. I didn't realize it when I posted the response above, but I have posted a picture of the Russell seat on my first R3T in the photo album.

Back