What RPMS do you run while cruising? Most Fuel Efficient?

ricochet

Rocket Captain
Ride
2012 Rocket III Roadster
Hey Guys

Yes I already know this bike is not meant to be a fuel efficient machine, but it was more of a curiosity... I've tried running my bike at as low RPM as possible while cruising along but found that I don't actually get better mileage then if I do dropping a gear and letting the engine run a little higher on the RPM range.

I thought higher RPM means more fuel --> less mileage. What is the most "Efficient" RPM that the Roadster engine runs at where its both fuel efficient and making great power?

Also, I have new pipes on my bike and anything above 3000RPM sounds like a lot, it's loud! Can you run the rocket engine all day above 3500 - 5000rpm with absolutely no problem? At what point are you running the engine too high? I know on those small 250cc bikes you can be cruising along all day at 10,000RPM because thats what it takes to keep up with high way traffic.

Just some curiosity thoughts so I welcome any comments!!

The Rocket will run all day at revs between 3500 to 5000 no problem. If you can take it the bike will.

the cars with the blue and red lights don,t like me riding above 3500 rpm and then they make u go to school and the teacher tells don,t do that and they charge u $250 or they will tell your insurance company
the money is divided up the city gets a little the county gets a little the state gets little and i get bent over..:mad:

Getting caught at over 4000 here they might take your license away for a while.

the cars with the blue and red lights don,t like me riding above 3500 rpm and then they make u go to school and the teacher tells don,t do that and they charge u $250 or they will tell your insurance company
the money is divided up the city gets a little the county gets a little the state gets little and i get bent over..:mad:
been there done that

If you want to get an exact real-time reading of your fuel consumption (not to mention a super-accurate fuel gauge) see this thread - The most accurate Fuel Gauge you will ever find ...

Mode 2 gives instantaneous mpg

Note that this a TRUE calculation of how much fuel mass is actually being consumed vs the distance covered.
(the linked thread explains how it works - it is computing the duration on the fuel injector pulses which is directly proportional to fuel mass/volume)

fuelbot2_userscreens.jpg

Getting caught at over 4000 here they might take your license away for a while.

the speed i was going he said he could have taken the bike. i told him i was giving the devil a ride.
arizona highway patrol he seemed in a good mode.

If you could monitor vacuum in any single gear the point at which you achieve the greatest vacuum (not idle) is more or less the most efficient point in the rpm band (within that gear)

Back