What rear tire are you running on your R3T.

Shadow_69

.020 Over
I got a 2008 Rocket III Tourer with the stock 180/70-16, and ride a tad bit aggressive, tired of all the tire spin taking off :D and am wonder if anyone has tried changing the rear tire to a Metzeler ME880 200/60 - 16, will it fit okay... or is there another option to get a bigger tire on this bike,,, I really miss my Rocket III Classic with the 240 but that one bit the pavement at 135 MPH due to a truck tire in the road.

Just need a better grip.

What have others here replaced it with?? I have looked for info in the forums and just not finding it.

Thanks

Shadow_69

Last edited:
I got a 2008 Rocket III Tourer with the stock 180/70-16, and ride a tad bit aggressive, tired of all the tire spin taking off :D and am wonder if anyone has tried changing the rear tire to a Metzeler ME880 200/60 - 16, will it fit okay... or is there another option to get a bigger tire on this bike,,, I really miss my Rocket III Classic with the 240 but that one bit the pavement at 135 MPH due to a truck tire in the road.

Just need a better grip.

What have others here replaced it with?? I have looked for info in the forums and just not finding it.

Thanks

Shadow_69

Simple answer for better grip, car tire.

me and stb has gone to a ct i have over 15000 on mine and stb has about 1000 on hers and it rides great i ride with the air pressure at 34 psi and i have piux here somewhere

I will get pics posted of the bike and gear from that night,, I was lucky came out with just road rash and not to bad for that speed, I was checked out at the crash location and released there with just hands wrapped up and a blanket to cover my ass where it had ripped through my jeans and cheek, but back to the subject:

What size car tire will fit on the R3T's 5in rim?

Shadow you can fit a 200 on the touring there is plenty of room. You can also try a shinko I here they grip good and pricing is much less then the metzler.

Thanks for the info everyone, I now will think over that call the darkside keeps making and my other options.:D

I also posted some photo's as requested of the bike and gear from the night I went down and walked away from it bruised with a small amount of road rash. I was blessed that night.

Thanks Again
Shadow_69

I have an Avon Venom that still looks good with 7k miles on it. It grips and wears excellent. I run 46 psi in it and 42 psi in the front.

I have an Avon Venom that still looks good with 7k miles on it. It grips and wears excellent. I run 46 psi in it and 42 psi in the front.

Second that. Totally transformed the handling (for the better :)) when compared to the Metz

Back