What Power Commander and auto tune for my 2016?

ChicagoRocket

Supercharged
Ride
2023 Triumph Rocket 3 R Chrome Edition
Hey Gang,

After doing my research and getting feedback from all of you I am going to go with the power commander and auto tune option. My question is which model do I order?

On there website it only goes up to an 08 for an R3...

Also, which auto tune do I order?

I have a 2016 Roadster

Thanks!

Hey Gang,

After doing my research and getting feedback from all of you I am going to go with the power commander and auto tune option. My question is which model do I order?

On there website it only goes up to an 08 for an R3...

Also, which auto tune do I order?

I have a 2016 Roadster

Thanks!
You must not be looking at it right they have it listed for Rockets 2004 to 2015 here is the page below.

Power Commander Motorcycle Fuel Injection Tuning Module

OH and you have some nice numbers on the Roadster for stock exhaust. If I were you I would not mess with the PCV or spending the money to tweak yours in more until you decide on exhaust if any. Personally after years of throwing money after horse power I would leave her well enough alone.

You must not be looking at it right they have it listed for Rockets 2004 to 2015 here is the page below.

Power Commander Motorcycle Fuel Injection Tuning Module

OH and you have some nice numbers on the Roadster for stock exhaust. If I were you I would not mess with the PCV or spending the money to tweak yours in more until you decide on exhaust if any. Personally after years of throwing money after horse power I would leave her well enough alone.

Thanks but it appears my bike might be running lean up top near the 5800 range...trying to get this all sorted out...it runs great but I have to figure out what the bump in HP is at the 5700-5800 mark...seen other threads where it says the bike could be running lean.

also, if I order that power commander do I order the single channel auto tune as well (if I want the bike to tune itself)

are those the only two items needed to have the bike tune itself via Power Commander?

This is the Autotune I got from Amazon but you will find cheaper on Amazon for US buyers. Mine had by far the cheapest freight to Australia which made it heaps cheaper all up.

Amazon will lead you to the correct PCIV if you decide to go that way.

also, if I order that power commander do I order the single channel auto tune as well (if I want the bike to tune itself)

are those the only two items needed to have the bike tune itself via Power Commander?

Plus the downloaded tune. HansO did mine in person as I only live an couple of hours away, I would not have been able to do it myself - he is a great help and has helped many international and Aussie captains with his knowledge. My 2nd hand 2010 R3Roadster already had a PCIV, high flow exhaust and RAMAir with a tune. I added the Autotune, CES headers and HansO did the tune.

Thanks but it appears my bike might be running lean up top near the 5800 range...trying to get this all sorted out...it runs great but I have to figure out what the bump in HP is at the 5700-5800 mark...seen other threads where it says the bike could be running lean.

Realty is though that you never need or really have to go that far up the revs to have more fun than many can handle.

Plus the downloaded tune. HansO did mine in person as I only live an couple of hours away, I would not have been able to do it myself - he is a great help and has helped many international and Aussie captains with his knowledge. My 2nd hand 2010 R3Roadster already had a PCIV, high flow exhaust and RAMAir with a tune. I added the Autotune, CES headers and HansO did the tune.

Got it, but doesn't adding the auto tune enable the bike to tune itself?

I
Got it, but doesn't adding the auto tune enable the bike to tune itself?
It maintains the parameters of the loaded tune with varying air temps, altitude etc to maintain the correct Air fuel ratio with a constant averaging and adjustment but does not adjust ignition timing.

Pure famed and highly competent race and competition bike tuners like Mr. Neville Lush Home - Neville Lush Racing don't use them because they actually really tune the bike and adjust all the parameters including ignition timing etc throughout the rev range. This is worthwhile for highly modded bikes that Mr Lush prepares and develops with modified cams, valves, pistons, conrods and engine internals and combustion heads that can put out 230+ HP at the rear wheel like high end Carpenters etc. A very different league to our PCIV and ATR with exhaust and air intake mods.

Most places with a dyno just download a commercial street bike tune, run it on the dyno with a few minor tweaks so you have some graphs and figures for a large fee. The Autotune will do that for you ensuring the tune downloaded is being used effectively. Guru's like HansO understand and modify the base tune for the Street bike mods you have without requiring a dyno or flashy dyno graph.

ChicagoRocket, I just got the PCV+AT. Searched all over for best deal and found MotoMummy.com. $479 for both with free shipping. Purchased online with Paypal.
Thought there was a glitch in the checkout, so called them on the phone and they were excellent. It was on my doorstep 2 days later! I haven't even put it on the bike yet but hope to this weekend.

If you are planning headers or more mods in the future, go for it because you'll want it, but if your only trying to smooth out that bump and don't intend to do more mods like exhaust, I wouldn't. That bump is not unusual and as the others have said, you don't drive it there anyway.

Back