What is this plug under my seat?

ricochet

Rocket Captain
Ride
2012 Rocket III Roadster
Hey guys my first tech question. My 12 roadster has this huge plug under the seat in the battery compartment. It's disconnected but I couldn't see where it should obviously go. It's not protected from the elements so I'm wondering if I should be concerned.

Thanks!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 100
This is the plug that triumph connect the diagnostic tool into mate . So dont worry about it just a lil bit of white electrical grease every now and then on the end to protect it. Its also the plug we use when we connect our laptops to use tune ecu via a obdII lead to modify maps and do diagnostics etc.:thumbsup:

Thanks Evil Mitch! That would make sense, I was just caught off guard because it doesn't seem to have a cap or anything on the end to prevent water or corrosion as you say.... I'll just make sure its tucked away properly. :cool:

Thanks Evil Mitch! That would make sense, I was just caught off guard because it doesn't seem to have a cap or anything on the end to prevent water or corrosion as you say.... I'll just make sure its tucked away properly. :cool:

Yeah i know what u mean its always a bit of a worry when u find a plug unplugged and not sure where it came from.

I put a sandwich bag around the plug and secured it with a rubber band to keep it clean. Dielectric grease is a good idea but makes the bag even more necessary since the grease will collect crud.

Back