What is that part ? seals for "crankcase to oil tank adapters"

Joesmoe

IMOKUR2
Ride
Triumph: 2014 Rocket III Touring
If R&R the oil tank, the manual shows two places on the crankcase with hex nut "oil tank adapters" where the two oil tank pipes go.

The manual recommends changing the copper seals, and the torque spec for refitting is a substantial 45 N-m.

Manual_crank-case-adapters.jpg

Looking around on Hermy's, I don't see those seals (nor the adapters) anywhere.

Help the blind man see ?

Last edited:
Alright, Ron Watkins at Hermy's knows his stuff - of course in the parts fiche they don't call it the same thing . . .

For future reference:

T1160065 1 $ 35.72 Sleeve, Threaded, Long

T1160096 1 $ 22.70 Sleeve, Threaded M24
Eng No 280584 >

T3550532 2 $ 0.67 Washer, Cu, OD29, ID22.2
> Eng No 259779
Eng No 259780 >

T3550548 2 $ 0.67 Washer, Cu, OD32, ID26.2
Eng No 259780 >

Last edited:
Assuming all else is equal -- and life has taught me -- often isn't so I'll have the parts on hand.

And you never know, someone else might need on -- been known to happen.

Paul is right Paul you will not need them in fact what you are doing you will not need to remove the oil tank. Also you will not need to remove the throttle bodies completely. You can just hang them from the handle bar with the throttle cables still hooked to them.

Ah, my dear @warp9.9 -- thanks to @1K9 I scored a chrome oil tank, and I wanted to change the oil, and that package of water hoses has been staring at me for some time, and @Mitzy sent his water tank mod, and well, you see the list goes on, and why an afternoon job is going to take me a number of weekends. :unsure:

Ah, my dear @warp9.9 -- thanks to @1K9 I scored a chrome oil tank, and I wanted to change the oil, and that package of water hoses has been staring at me for some time, and @Mitzy sent his water tank mod, and well, you see the list goes on, and why an afternoon job is going to take me a number of weekends. :unsure:
With any luck he bought a 06 tank. They made two as the fitting on the early silver engines had smaller fittings. I'd like to get that set of green tins off him :)

Last edited:
Back