What is a Dyno-Boost Adjustable perfomance chip?

Seen it advertised there, but never considered getting it.
Seems like magic, don't matter which way you wire it in it'll increase you 15 HP.
If is looks to good to be true,
sounds to good to be true...
well, you know...

Yep smells like it.

I was just wondering, went to their web sight, still was confused. I am happy with my Rocket III. The only thing besides the D&D's that has really rocked my boat is the GI-Pro that really sounds interesting plus a liittle performance boost as well. I will probably pick one up soon. I do not anticipate a tune boy or anything like it in the future, but then again I have only got a little over 600 miles on her. I only see her every 56 days and although it's a conjugal visit it's less than 21 days. I want to hurry up and wear my back tire off so I can go to the darkside, but at this rate it will be awhile. I am still very pleased with her just as she is.

People have been making these for, and using them on, fuel injected cars since Air temp sensors and O2 sensors have been in use. What it does is trick the ECU into believing that the air coming into the ATS is cold, the ECU doesn't lean out the fuel for warm/hot air the way it's designed to. The gizmo also is basically an O-2 sensor eliminitor, keeping the O-2 sensor curcuit in the open or closed (wish I could remember which it is) position all the time. The performance is kept high, NOT improved. You gain no horsepower or torque. It's only designed so that you don't LOSE any when conditions are not optimum for keeping emissions to mandated levels. You would do much better with a proper remap (ala tuneboy). Like it was stated above, too good to be true!

I don't know dude, it seems to me like it replaces an entire progressive MAP chart with ONE number ... 100! Thats alot of fuel being shoved down its throat ALL the time.
Taz has a good point, go with a proper mapping of the fuel and not just wide open.

Back