What GPS do you recommend.

Bigfoot

.060 Over
Ride
2006 Rocket Classic, 2007 Rocket
OK I am looking for a decent GPS for the Rocket but dont want to spend an arm and a leg ....any suggestions or let me know what you got so I can decide whether to invest more money in one or not. Are the ones that say they are designed for motorcycles really built tougher to take the extra vibrations/jolts etc or can you make due with a regular one. Thanks

Gps

Stick with Garmin, any of the Garmins will be fine for your rocket.
I have had mine on my Rocket for 3 years and it still works great.
Try to find a Garmin model that has the ability to download routes from a computer, not all of them have that.
Also do not worry about waterproofing or any of that, its just as easy to put a baggie over the GPS or pack it away if it starts to rain.
Not worth the extra $400 for a waterproof GPS.
Mine is a Garmin 1670, they should be still available from Amazon.com , that was the cheapest place I have found them.

I have a Garmin (not motorcycle rated) that I keep in tank bag map pocket in which keeps from getting wet. The higher priced motorcycle GPS aren't worth it the extra cost to me. Also I can use the GPS in a standard vehicle as well.

I havea couple of the Garmin Zumo 550 units and yes they must qualify as pricey. Water proof, shock proof, mp3, blue tooth compatible, and satilite radio if you desire. Never had a problem with either of the two units. Bought the first one in 07 no problems the second one is a hand me down and woks fine also. I keep one on each Rocket and bought a cheapy for the hummer.

I have the Garmin Zumo 660, as Warp and others have said, they are expensive for what is basically a Nuvi. But having said that mine came with everything you need both for on-bike and in-car use and it works very well.

There is nothing all that special about the motorcycle specific GPS units and, in fact, they have been reviewed rather poorly - especially for the exorbitant price. Buy a regular mid-range model and you should be fine.

My friend brought his boss mans "harley" garmin gps to program it. I forgot the name of it but it sucked. Cost over $500
I installed everything on my computer and tried to program but I doubt it was what his boss wanted. I told my friend "Get that piece of s**t out of my house!" I don't know why in the world anyone would buy something like that but I guess that states the same for the harley.

Back