What Do You Think?

PianoMan

Nitrous
http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:openWindow%28
Sensational shots of a type of vehicle the world has never seen before! The threewheeler pictured here is a prototype developed by Bombardier Recreational Products in Canada. Bombardier is known for producing snowmobiles, small business planes and railway cars. The big Canadian company, with more than 6000 employees and a lot of money, does also own Rotax, which makes motorcycle engines for Aprilia and BMW.
This new Threewheeler is designed to offer a similar experience to riding a motorcycle, but with the added stability of three wheels. Another advantage is that in many countries a normal car driving licence will allow you to ride this, without the need for a motorcycle licence.
The engine is a 1000cc, 60-degree water-cooled V-twin, designed and built by Rotax, which is owned by Bombardier. It is the same engine as used in the Aprilia RSV-R superbike, so should make around 130 bhp.
According to the firm's original plans, the bike should have a CVT gearbox, but the spy pictures appear to show a conventional foot-operated gearchange. Bosch has developed an ABS brake system for the vehicle, and an electronic stability system. The front and rear brakes are operated individually, as on a motocycle.
The vehicle could be marketed under the Can-Am brand, which, again, is owned by Bombardier. The firm is planning to launch the vehicle on February 7 at an airfield in San Diego, and it will be sold in mainland Europe and the United States, with deliveries starting in the first half of 2007.

Molinoman

Living Legend
Ride
2017 Polaris Slingshot
???

I guess on one hand it is an alternative to the "traditional" trike. One problem I can see (sort of) is usually people who go for the trike configuration usually do it, as they are getting older (not always...but usually), wondering about holding the machine up on only two wheels, so they trike their ride or buy one already done. But the problem I see on this one is there is (or appears to be) no provision for storage which may limit it's usefulness for that particular market. Other than that I'm not sure I would personally be interested as I do two wheels just fine and I want something that looks like a motorcycle.
Just my two cents worth.
Dennis

triroketman

Supercharged
To me it looks like a backwards 3 wheeler ATV like you use to have on the farm until they were deemed unsafe and they all went to 4 wheels. But I am sure they will sell a few. Always some nut likes to try something new.
Dave
06 Classic R&W

HeR3tic

Living Legend
"Always some nut likes to try something new."

"...must be testing it for the American market..."

I resemble those remarks:( Including that "old man" syndrome with knees and ankles failing.

It could present a odd image if touring luggage were adapted to the rear end.
Perhaps some Corbin Beetle Bags.

I think the commuter interests would be large. I could save the Rocket for weekends. And put
the 10K conversion costs, for the Redhead, towards this monstrosity.

Last edited:

Gunshots

Nitrous
I would venture a guess the the err... tail trunk is gunna be in the front, if that makes sense . Room there for lots of storage.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of R3Owners. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker for R3Owners.Net.

I've Disabled AdBlock